Other movies...

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2004, 02:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

What movies do you think should be used in the Studios park?  :?:

It's hard to choose only movies from Disney/Pixar/Touchstone I guess...

Kristof

I think they should use more "blockbuster" movies, instead of movies like: reign of fire, dinotopia... (although I really love Dinotopia, but it's just that not everyone knows this mini-series).

I dove into the Touchstone/Disney archive and found these interesting movies:

:arrow:  Pearl Harbor: a sound effects show
 :arrow:  Mission to mars: a large "Mars" set
 :arrow:  Who framed roger rabbit: euhm... :-/ something :mrgreen:
 :arrow:  Dinosaur: a dinosaur ride  :D  (every kid loves dinosaurs  :wink: )

any other ideas?

experiment627

Quote:arrow:  Pearl Harbor: a sound effects show

Sounds like a good idea...

Quote:arrow:  Mission to mars: a large "Mars" set

Oh dear god no! This movie should better be burried and forgotten...

Quote:arrow:  Who framed roger rabbit: euhm... :-/ something :mrgreen:

Sure - if now only you could get Eisner to talk to Spielberg. And to Lucas. And to Steve Jobs. And to Roy Disney... mhm... Eisner has lost a lot of friends, hasn't he?

Quote:arrow:  Dinosaur: a dinosaur ride  :D  (every kid loves dinosaurs  :wink: )

You know, I had played with that thought, as well... it could maybe be themed to the "True Life Adventures", or something...

Kristof

Well, I didn't like Mission to Mars either, but would it not be cool to have a huge set with a real like mars surface.  I mean, mars is very actual right now...  Maybe a temporary attraction?

experiment627

Instead of spending money on a temporary thing at the Studios, save it up and build something permanent...

But did you notice how much Disney wants to make everybody forget "Mission to Mars"?
I mean: look at "Mission: Space" at Epcot -there are so many elements from the movie in that attraction (your host is Gary Sinese and even the huge spinning space-ship prop is from the movie!).... and yet, no one dares to use the movie's title anywhere...  :wink:

Kristof

maybe a Black Hole attraction  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P *

* don't even think about  it   :P

Kristof

mmm... not a good idea...

Other suggestions?

flor

Somthing Mary Poppins!

Kristof

I think that would fit more in Mainstreet USA or so...  Or am I wrong?  :?:

flor

Dunno, I just do the suggestion. Although she would fit in the studios in a set like the Cinema parade float.

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"I think that would fit more in Mainstreet USA or so...  Or am I wrong?  :?:

She's an English nanny, so she doesn't really fit into the American theme of Main Street...

flor

Maybe a Monsters Inc ground?

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"Maybe a Monsters Inc ground?

Well for the Kid's Playground they are going to build i would like them to keep a lot of the highly rumoured Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground from Disney-MGM but then change the overall theme to A Bug's Life.  It would be very easy to do and it would add:

- A PIXAR movie themed area
- Something great for the kids
- Something bright and recogniseable
- Something cheap!

And a lot of other good things...  :wink:

Kristof

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "raptor1982"I think that would fit more in Mainstreet USA or so...  Or am I wrong?  :?:

She's an English nanny, so she doesn't really fit into the American theme of Main Street...

Well, HISTA doens't fit in the discoveryland either...  :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Well, HISTA doens't fit in the discoveryland either...  :wink:

You think so? Well... in my oppinion, it's the Imagination Institute - and by that, it fits quite nicely into the area... in fact, I'd like them to expand on that whole Imagination Institute idea - but that's just wishful thinking...