Have you ever been to a Pin Trading night at DLRP

Started by Rescue_Ranger, September 03, 2007, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rescue_Ranger

Have you ever been to a Pin Trading night at DLRP??

If so what are they like.  What goes on at them.

:lol:

Masamune

:D I have! :shock: It's scary.

Firstly, you NEED to get there early to get in the que for the vouchers which allow you to buy the Pin Trading Night pin for that night. :o This que was HUGE, and then the que to buy said pins was even bigger! The Pin Trading Night I got to see was the one at the Sante Fe. All the tables were set out and covered with pins, pin bags and pin boards, etc.

:P Most of the traders were French, but there were some Brits and other Nationalities. Also, most of the traders only had Limited Edition pins, which they would only trade for LEs of similiar/equal value. Only a few stalls had open edition pins which they would trade for pretty much anything.

:( Sadly, that Pin Trading Night was held on the night we had to leave, so we couldn't spend much time there. :D We did however manage to get the Pin Trading Night pins (yup, there were 2 that night!), and me and my mum did some trades. I got me some really good pins, the best one being a LE Ratigan slider pin which was only available on the Disney Cruise Line when they had a Villain's cruise! :lol: All I traded for that was a LE Stitch pin that only cost me like $6 in the sale from Disney Shopping.

Cinder

Hi there,

we have been at every PTN untill now except the first 2.  the descrition above is about everything there is to say.  Long que to get the pins and lots and lots of trading.  Come visit, it's fun!.  :)

Anonymous

Doesn't really have much appeal for me, especially having to queue for so long. I'd rather just buy pins on Ebay.

Rescue_Ranger

Thank you for your kind replies.

I am planning to go In October and would love to go to a pin trading night any ideas when it'll be I noticed hat they are late in the month.