Disneyland® Paris discovered
Disneyland Paris will be closed from 30th October to 12th February (except 19th December to 3rd January*, full details).
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

which other disney resort

Author Topic: which other disney resort  (Read 4587 times)

nicoledlrp

• Hakuna Matata
which other disney resort
« on: August 31, 2007, 06:56:35 PM »
have never been to any other disney resort and am thinking about doing this. am looking for the + and - sides of them from real people not travel agents/websites.who has been where recently and what did you like/ not like. thanks, nic.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by nicoledlrp »

benjy

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:04:06 PM »
Well for me WDW was great because it was just so big!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by benjy »
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Owain

• Substitutiary Locomotion
  • Business student at the University of Manchester
    • Instagram
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »
Yeah ive been to Disneyland Resort when i was a baby and ive been to Walt Disney World !  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Owain »

Parkfisch

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »
I was in 4 Resorts ( all without Hong Kong ). Just ask what you want to know !  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Parkfisch »

Kristof

• When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Welcome to magicforum!
    • http://www.photosmagiques.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:40:36 PM »
Posted in the wrong board. Moving!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Kristof »

mtt

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 09:34:22 AM »
been to wdw
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by mtt »
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

nicoledlrp

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
hey parkfisch, whats tokyo like compared to dlrp -size,price, atmosphere etc. i have heard that it is very expensive once you get there.

Parkfisch

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:55:46 PM »
Quote from: "nicoledlrp"
hey parkfisch, whats tokyo like compared to dlrp -size,price, atmosphere etc. i have heard that it is very expensive once you get there.

I was there in 1998 at the age of 16, so I didn't have to pay it myself. I only remember that they didn't accept the VISA Card there and that there was a man from England who was very angry about that. He said to a woman who was working there "I want to speak the manager. I can't understand that Disney doesn't accept VISA".  :lol:

The size of the Disneyland Park seems to be the same as in Paris, but it's much less green and silent, because of the many attractions. Haunted Mansion is located in Fantasyland next to "It's a Small World", Main Street has got a glass roof and is called "World Bazaar" and due to this is not a street, you can only circle around the Central Plaza when you hop on one of the old traditional cars and busses.
I also have to mention  that it's much more crowded.

I like the Disneyland Park in Paris much more, but the "Tokyo Disney Sea" Park which can be found next to "Tokyo Disneyland" seems to be a real great park ( opened in 2001 ), so I think the Tokyo Disney Resort is worth a visit. In my opinion it's more attractive than the original Disneyland in California.

By the way:
Big Thunder Mountain is better than in the USA, because it's going through 2 dark tunnels at the end unlike the versions in the US. For me it's the 2nd best version after Paris which has the best finale.

Snow White is very unique in Tokyo. Much better than any other version, but Pinocchio is the same like anywhere else.

Splash Mountain has got the best queue although the ride itself is just a mirrored version of the one in Florida, but the boats have safety bars there ( other restrictions in Japan ? ).

Haunted Mansion is also better than it's counterparts in California and Flordia, because there are additional scenes and more funny details ( a walking book on the floor and so on ... ). If there was the Phantom Manor soundtrack it could even be better than Phantom Manor.

The only unique attraction I can remember is "Meet the World", a nice show with animatronics and a japanese story.

The castle is a copy of the one in Florida. It's the Cinderella Castle.

What I really like more than in Paris are the night events. As you maybe know, the Fantillusion cars are from Tokyo Disneyland and in 1998 the parade was still "living" in Japan. There's much more atmosphere I think.

And the best:
We found many restaurants where you can take your food on a tableau ( like at the breakfast rooms ) and had much choice. No comparison to the cheap restaurants in Paris which offer always the same ( Pizza, Burger, French Fries ). In Japan there were even Mickey Mouse Puddings and noodles / rice. I think the food is more expensive in Paris.

Oh yeah:
Pirates of the  Caribbean is short and not attractive. They have a copy of the Florida version there. Only tha fact that there's a restaurant makes it some metres longer. The ( oldest ) Californian version is even better than Flordia and Tokyo.

Anything else you want to know ?  :D  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Parkfisch »

davewasbaloo

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 02:15:52 AM »
I've not yet been to the Asian resorts, but in my humble opinions, these are my favorite parks and resorts:

1. Disneyland
2. Disneyland Paris
3. Epcot
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Disney's California Adventure
6. MGM Studios
7. Walt Disney Studios
8. Magic Kingdom

Top 5 Hotels (have stayed in more):

1. Grand Californian (DL)
2. Wilderness Lodge (WDW)
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge (WDW)
4. Hotel New York (DLP)
5. Port Orleans Riverside

Top 5 restaurants:

1. Napa Rose (DL)
2. California Grill (DLP)
3. California Grill (WDW)
4. The Steakhouse (DLP)
5. Le Cellier (WDW)

Top 5 nightime spectaculars

1. Illuminations Reflections of Earth (WDW)
2. Remember Dreams Come True (DL)
3. Fantasmic (DL - not to be confused with the rubbish clone at WDW)
4. DEP (DCA)
5. Wishes (WDW)

Overall resort rankings for me:

1. DL California
2. DLP
3. WDW
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by davewasbaloo »
since 2001 (many before that)

Maarten

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
7. Walt Disney Studios
8. Magic Kingdom

Wow, I wasn't charmed by the Magic Kingdom at all especially compared to Paris, but to rank it that low? Although our Walt Disney Studios Park has some great attractions, its design is against all rules WDI ever stood for. Can your perhaps explain your ranking? Its really interesting.  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Maarten »

davewasbaloo

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »
Quote from: "Maarten"
7. Walt Disney Studios
8. Magic Kingdom

Wow, I wasn't charmed by the Magic Kingdom at all especially compared to Paris, but to rank it that low? Although our Walt Disney Studios Park has some great attractions, its design is against all rules WDI ever stood for. Can your perhaps explain your ranking? Its really interesting.  :)

Ok, maybe a little harsh.  But the last few times I went to the MK, it had little magic or live entertainment (WDS does better on the entertainment stakes).  The attractions are much less than their counterparts in DL and DLP (which really gets up my nose since this is supposedly the busiest and most popular park in the Disney empire).  The shops are full of the same rubbish, and the unique merchandise has gone.  Dining choices are the worst of the Disney MK parks.  The only redeaming features for me are the things that were there opening day and Wishes.  But the MK puts itself out as the flagship Disnney park and is much less value than almost all the other Disney parks.

For me, WDS still needs help.  But almost every attraction is very high quality, as well as having the best live entertainment.

If MK could raise it's game again (it is fixable), then I would change my view.  But this is my protest stating how crap the MK really is!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by davewasbaloo »
since 2001 (many before that)

nicoledlrp

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »
thanks for the realyy useful feedback

Maarten

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: "Maarten"
7. Walt Disney Studios
8. Magic Kingdom

Ok, maybe a little harsh.  But the last few times I went to the MK, it had little magic or live entertainment (WDS does better on the entertainment stakes).  The attractions are much less than their counterparts in DL and DLP (which really gets up my nose since this is supposedly the busiest and most popular park in the Disney empire).  The shops are full of the same rubbish, and the unique merchandise has gone.  Dining choices are the worst of the Disney MK parks.  The only redeaming features for me are the things that were there opening day and Wishes.  But the MK puts itself out as the flagship Disnney park and is much less value than almost all the other Disney parks.

For me, WDS still needs help.  But almost every attraction is very high quality, as well as having the best live entertainment.

If MK could raise it's game again (it is fixable), then I would change my view.  But this is my protest stating how crap the MK really is!

Thank your for explaining, it makes sense. Like I said, I wasn't really impresed by the Magic Kingdom either, which is a shame since they clearly have the potential to make it a park equally as good as DL or DLP. I've never experienced the park in the 70s and 80s, but according to many people the place lived up to a higher standard at the time. Hopefully we wil see those days once again, since I do think this park can recover like you said. In my opinion it isn't a ghetto either.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Maarten »