Dumbo - The Flying Elephant

Started by treble, August 11, 2007, 11:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treble

does anyone else think that this ride should have a fast pass? we've been 3 times and have yet to go on it because the queues were so very very long  :ears:

Admin edit: changed topic title.
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

nathan.jackson

yeah that would be good - there is enough space around it to put a fastapss entrance and the machines!!

tubbsy

It could do with a fast pass, but I think it will run out very quickly during peak times- like Peter Pan and BTM. If you dont get tickets for them first thing, you can forget it. When rides are this popular and you have little ones who want to ride them, its hard to choose which one to go for first, before the queues build.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ukool

i dont understand why this ride is so populare, i have been on it and its nice themeing and everything, but nothing special.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "ukool"i dont understand why this ride is so populare, i have been on it and its nice themeing and everything, but nothing special.

The same with peter pan

if i remember correctly we went a summer where it was almost 40oc and were in the peter pan que for about 2 - 3 hours  because it kept breaking down
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ukool

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "ukool"i dont understand why this ride is so populare, i have been on it and its nice themeing and everything, but nothing special.

The same with peter pan

if i remember correctly we went a summer where it was almost 40oc and were in the peter pan que for about 2 - 3 hours  because it kept breaking down

i no what you mean, but i would rather go on peter pan then dumbo.

georgias mum

I love Dumbo. Purely because the excitement on my liitle girl's face as she "makes" him fly, is worth the 1 hour wait. Definately fast-pass in my opinion! :D

lilcharlie

i went on the dumbos for the first time on my last visit and enjoyed it way more than i thort i would! We went first thing in the morning so there was quite a short que.... it was fun .... but its pretty short so wouldnt que up much longer for it!

treble

:stitch_bounce: this is the problem anything more than 40 mins and i would lose patience let alone the children in our group. 2 hours waiting is 2 hours not buying stitch merchandise, so i think we should start a petition.  :stitch:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

tubbsy

Thats the thing. It is a ride for the young ones to go on and we always try and do it early in the day cos my little one wont wait too long in a queue line. Half an hour is about his limit.

Sign me up treble! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Masamune

:o I don't think it needs to be a FastPass ride, considering Good Morning Fantasy Land is available. :) We do that everytime we go, and Dumbo is always the 2nd ride we visit after finishing breakfast. :D There's hardly any que at all then.

tubbsy

Ah but for those people without access to GMF- the queue is horrendous. when we've been before and not stayed in a Disney hotel, we have to do Dumbo early or rule it out for the rest of the day. The kids are sooo patient queueing for it.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

goofy-2000

:cheshire_bounce: Masamune :cheshire_bounce:

what is good morning fantasyland?
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

MinnieMouse

She means Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast!

When you booked this you have very early entry in the Disneyland Parc and the Fantasyland Area, where you have the breakfast. After that you can ride with Peter Pan, Dumbo etc ....

Alexandra

Disneyana

I remember that they once tried out a FP which was only for familys with children. But the system didn't worked so well. But I would really like to have this ride as a FP attraction. It's very popular, not only by children. I often see a lot of young people and grown up couples doing this ride. It's a simple carousel, but it's fun and very charming.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"