New Mini Disney Theme Park Opportunity

Started by Javey74, August 07, 2007, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I would like your views on this.

This idea was sparked by a conversation I had with a couple of other members in the chatroom.  My suggestion was this:

How about if DLMRE was added as an extra resort. (Disneyland Mini Resort England).

This would be a Mini version of Paris.  English banks and other sponsors would fund a lot of the upfront costs, obviously no where near the money required for the Paris resort.  We would come to an arrangement with Disney Enterprise/Corporation to use the Disney name and obviously they would want a percentage share of the trade name royalties.

The park would be situated either in the Midlands or Anglia, plenty of flat farming type land.  Though Flooding would have to be looked at closely.

Time to build a mini Disney theme park about 2 1/2 years.

Could bring at least 500-1000 jobs to the area, because of this the government should back it on that alone, maybe with added funding.

What do you think just on the idea.....Business plan to follow :wink:

Kristof

I'll try to explain carefully this time.  You should post this in the right board!
 :wink:

Moving.

Parkfisch

Quote from: "javey74"extra resort England

There won't be anything extra for you !
You will have to go to France as we all have to !  :wink:  :P

davewasbaloo

Don't be so sure....there are a few thoughts about potential DVC/Regional Centre enhancement and the UK is quite high up the list I understand.  8)
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Quote from: "javey74"The park would be situated either in the Midlands or Anglia, plenty of flat farming type land.  Though Flooding would have to be looked at closely.

What about Wales ?

Hardly any Floods

Loads of Farm Land and no competition accept Oakwood.

Patrick

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "javey74"The park would be situated either in the Midlands or Anglia, plenty of flat farming type land.  Though Flooding would have to be looked at closely.

What about Wales ?

Hardly any Floods

Loads of Farm Land and no competition accept Oakwood.

Yes because Wales is the most popular place on earth, I thought there was only sheep and bad rail links :lol: .  This idea seems very odd, but I could never see it happening since DLRP really is too close to the UK, plus really Disney don't need anymore HKDL type parks in the world that are too small and really need improvement.

Owain

Could you explain this in more detail please?

Like what would the setup be like?

Any hotels ?

A Castle ?

davewasbaloo

Disney are currently setting up Downtown Disney type highly themed malls with restaurants, shops, a theatre and maybe more entertainment as well as highly themed hotels and DVC units around the globe.  Details are very sketchy.  I know that Star City in Birmingham was one of the original sites considered for a UK Disneyquest, but we know what happened with DQ!

As for Wales, not even the King Arthur's Kingdom proposed for Magor ever made it off the ground, so unlikely for Wales - Cymru am beth!!!!

Sadly I think Disney are eyeing up London and the South Coast, but I would have thought something in the Midlands would make more sense.

Javey74

Wonderful thoughts......now for Owains question: Well here's a quick overview

Yes there would be 2 main hotels on the outskirts of the complex, very stylish, they would be build more for height than length to save space, which inturn would give you a wonderful view over the resort.

There would be one castle similar size to DLRPS SBs, obviously centre of the resort as always.  probably 3 lands, each roughly the size of Fantasyland.

Also there would be 3 main rides and 5 smaller rides. So in the whole resort a total of 9 main rides and 15 Smaller rides.

The design around the greenery would be spectacular with water features for added awe.  This would also give the resort a more fuller look, and separate the zones.  

Background music would play in all 3 zones, with a different show in each zone, since there would be 1 mini stage in each zone.

A Few boutiques and lots of photo opportunities as ever.

Probably 2 parades.

The total size I would estimate to be about 3 to 4 Blackpool Pleasure Beaches put together, so flat farmland a must for foundations to be layed, again Midlands or Anglia as mentioned.

More detail to be added, probably over 3 phases spanning 10 - 15 year.

Price to be confirmed.  :wink:

davewasbaloo

Oh, I thought you were referring to the real plans Disney had for the UK

smurfy74

What real plans do they have for the south coast then, I live there so the location would be great

davewasbaloo

As I illustrated in a previous post - a downtown shopping/hotel/DVC experienced.  It is blue sky at the mo, and they will have to wait and see how the Japanese site (not Tokyo) does first.  But there are plans afoot.

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Oh, I thought you were referring to the real plans Disney had for the UK

Is there real plans for a UK Disney resort and if there is, any links ?  :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Oh, I thought you were referring to the real plans Disney had for the UK

Is there real plans for a UK Disney resort and if there is, any links ?  :)

Yes
No

I have a few sources that will talk to me about stuff.  However, if you look at Disney's annual report you'll see some of the concept art for these new centres.

Owain

Do you have the link ?