Monorail

Started by Japper, August 07, 2007, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Somebody in the hotel-thread suggest a monorail that went to every disney hotel. Don't you think this is a good idea? Just like anaheim and florida. + it's a lot easier and it has a bigger capicity (?). And maybe then also a monorail to the kyriad/dream castle hotels.

Also , they could make a grand station in our new , nicer and bigger disney village :D

What do you think?

Kristof

In fact, a Monorail was planned for the Euro Disney Resort.  It would have connected the Hotels with Disneyland Park / MGM Europe and the Westcot Park.

jazzluvva

raptor, is there anything you don 't know?

Nicholas-c

i think an underground transport system around the hotels would be fun :P well from park to hotels, you know what i mean :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Oh there are also talks to build a green transportation system between Val d'Europe, the Hotels, the Parks and Villages Natures.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Oh there are also talks to build a green transportation system between Val d'Europe, the Hotels, the Parks and Villages Natures.
Knowing them, that'll mean shuttle buses painted green... :P

Parkfisch

There should be a monorail from Davy Crocket  Ranch to any place in the walk way area. Maybe the station could be between Disney Village and the Newport Bay Club ( instead of a new hotel ).

peep

Lol, I was talking to Patrick about this the other week. I hope they dont though as they do look very ugly (I've been to WDW), it would be good from a transportation POV but I think the buses do a fine job anyway.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Parkfisch

The buses don't do their job when we're talking about the Davy Crocket Ranch !  :D

dlrpdudette

That would be cool, although rather than use the monorail style of WDW and DLR, maybe a more modern look would be cool. Although, if the route was to visit Davy Crockett, then that could be an odd/long route
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

RnRCj

I'd rather not have a monorail, as I think they look ugly. But if one was to be built I think they should use themed trains. Like on the Disneyland Railroad where each train has a different theme :lol:

Japper

I think the buses don't work that good. In the high season most of them are very crowed and unconfortable. I think Monorails just work easier!

Maybe this stations?

- Disneyland Park / Walt Disney Studios
- Disney Village (when they expand it so that the distance between the parks-village is a lot bigger)
- New Port Bay Hotel Area
- Sante Fe Hotel Area
- Dream Castle Hotel Area
- Davy Crocket Ranch

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "peep"Lol, I was talking to Patrick about this the other week. I hope they dont though as they do look very ugly (I've been to WDW), it would be good from a transportation POV but I think the buses do a fine job anyway.

WHATTTTTT????!!!!!! I love the looks of the Monorail!
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

I don't like the look either, looks like the future from the '80's...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The proposed new Monorail for DL looks pretty darn cool though:

Photo link

dlrpdudette

That looks much better! :D
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?