Theme for a new Disney Hotel?

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2007, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howtodeal

I would like to see a Mulan themed hotel  8)
Chinese food will be really popular i think  :D
and thewhole decoration and everything will be really different
from the other Disney hotels

dr.jones

I prefer a New Orleans-styled hotel that reflects the Jazz Age of the '20s.
It would be a perfect match with the upcoming animated feature The Princess and the Frog (2009).

Kristof

After consideration, I've decided I want a San Francisco themed hotel.  :lol:

The façades could resemble the famous Victorian houses, like this

(Looks very Disney huh)

And one part of the hotel themed as Fisherman's Warf could be used as expansion for Disney Village with restaurants, boutiques and small attractions:

Photo link

davewasbaloo

Home sweet home.  I do miss my old city sometimes.  Thanks for making me homesick Raptor.
since 2001 (many before that)

pjulie75

I was thinking about something based on Tower of Terror.  Same theming as ride, staff uniforms like Bell Boys, Hollywood Style Restaurant?

Owain

I found these on Disneytheque;

There all labelled Projet d'Hotel Non Retenus, which in google translate comes out as Hotel Project Not Retained.

I like the look of the 4th Hotel  :)

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/pages/galeries.html

Alpop

I think a fantasia / fantasy hotel could be amazing as there would be no real architectural rules.

Hollywood - Also could be a fantasic idea with the bellboys etc. Possibly even a halloween TOT tie in event??
I then thought about the hollywood hotel at Hong Kong Disneyland //http://corporate.hongkongdisneyland.com/eng/discover/hotel_dhh_gallery.html and I'm not too sure of how this one turned out. It sort of looks more like a large factory / Cheap family hotel.[/url]

Owain

Quote from: "Alpop"I think a fantasia / fantasy hotel could be amazing as there would be no real architectural rules.

Hollywood - Also could be a fantasic idea with the bellboys etc. Possibly even a halloween TOT tie in event??
I then thought about the hollywood hotel at Hong Kong Disneyland //http://corporate.hongkongdisneyland.com/eng/discover/hotel_dhh_gallery.html and I'm not too sure of how this one turned out. It sort of looks more like a large factory / Cheap family hotel.[/url]

That would be great and like baloo said in his post before;
Quote from: "Baloo"Hopefully it'd coincide with some new stuff at Disney Village too.[/i]

lil-shawn

I Think an Hollywood or an Californian themed hotel would be great
because we have an victorian themed hotel, an new york themed hotel, an new england themed hotel, an mexican themed hotel, an western themed hotel and the canadian themed hotel.
so an hollywood or clifornian themed hotel would fit very well in the place byside hotel newport bay, with additions to disney village.
the hotel could be an 3 star or key hotel  :D

Dlrpfan

Baloos idea of a New orleans style resort would look really cool or maybe somethig like the animal kingdom lodge?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Owain, those models come from the Sketch to Reality book.  They're projects proposed by several architects from which Michael Eisner had to choose;

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Owain, those models come from the Sketch to Reality book.  They're projects proposed by several architects from which Michael Eisner had to choose;
Do you think it could be a hole new concept hotel to choose from or one of the older concepts above ? (If they were plannaing on making a new hotel)

Kristof

Of course not.  Those were just ideas almost 20 years ago.  :?

The topic is about what hotel you'd build between Disney Village and Newport Bay.  Imagine they'd build that Fantasia thingy.  

I still believe they should stick to the American theme, at least for the hotels surrounding Lake Disney.

Soap

Quote from: "raptor1982"I still believe they should stick to the American theme, at least for the hotels surrounding Lake Disney.

I must agree with you. They should keep up with a same kinda style.
But what are real options within that range?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Japper

A california/hollywood hotel would be great! Like a hotel for the WDS as the Disneyland Hotel is for disneyland parc !