Theme for a new Disney Hotel?

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2007, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

hey folks, so i think a Hollywood hotel in a bordwalk style on the disney village site would be great...

Now i got an another idea what is when they built one time a third park like the old westcot plan, they can built a franch themed hotel called the grand parisian hotel cause WDW got the grand floridian and DLR the grand californian hotel!!

Javey74

I would go for a Princess themed castle hotel, complete with flags, gold leaf paint, battlements and turrets.  I know the Disneyland hotel caters for general Disney characters, but a real royal palace would be a brilliant addition in my opinion.  

If there are a lot of daughters like mine that are really into the Disney Princesses, then I'm sure they would like to spend some of their time in a building that looks and feels like a royal palace.  Rooms and suites could be based on the princesses themselves. Each castle wing would have different royalty areas.  For example (A Royal Suite, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella themed areas and rooms, and so on.....  :D/   It would also feature a royal dining area, swimming pool with a dragon water slide for an added touch.  Each morning you would have the usual photo shoots in the foyer, again different Princesses each morning.  I'm sure it would go down well, even if you are not really a princess fan, I think you would still really appreciate the splendor and atmosphere around you, whether you were young or old.  :wink:

disneyfreak90

Re:
Quote from: "Haz"I would like to see a fun hotel like the All stars in florida
yes that should be great but i also would see a pirates hotel or a hotel in an aladdin style :D

Gareth

i think a toon hotel would be very cool to stay it it would be very fun and very crazy kinda like toontown in wds but a hotel :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Timbo

I am sure they will stay with the American theme for a new hotel , it would make sense as all the hotels are so close to each other ,unlike in WDW.I think a Hollywood hotel would be great as it is so close to Studios,and would tie in really well with the area !
But a POTC hotel could be amazing but not in the site by the NBC !

Soap

How about something in the style of one of the Port Orleans resorts?
I think that's a style which also would be matching the current resort hotels and
could be very much valued by the european crowd.

//http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/wdw/photos/resorts/pofq.html

French quarter

Riverside
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

TowMater

What I've been saying in my other posts, Do an All Stars Hotel there or do a Disney Vacation Club at DLRP then build a Bay Lake Tower with a Paris twist.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

CafeFantasia

Obviously, the next Disney hotel should be built on the patch of land between the Newport Bay Club and Disney Village, that currently features a white tent and a car park.

The theme should be fairly urban, to tie-in with Disney Village, which is supposed to be the bustling, exciting, entertainment district of the Resort.

A Hollywood theme would be cool, like Disney's Hollywood Hotel at Hong Kong Disneyland.  

Alternatively, how about a San Francisco themed hotel, with elements of Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 integrated?

dagobert

I would also use the Hollywood theme, because it matches the American themes of the other hotels.

They should use the ground floor, that faces DV, as an expansion for DV, like they did in Anaheim with Downton Disney.

disneyisthebest

Quote from: "Javey74"I would go for a Princess themed castle hotel, complete with flags, gold leaf paint, battlements and turrets.  I know the Disneyland hotel caters for general Disney characters, but a real royal palace would be a brilliant addition in my opinion.  

If there are a lot of daughters like mine that are really into the Disney Princesses, then I'm sure they would like to spend some of their time in a building that looks and feels like a royal palace.  Rooms and suites could be based on the princesses themselves. Each castle wing would have different royalty areas.  For example (A Royal Suite, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella themed areas and rooms, and so on.....  :D/   It would also feature a royal dining area, swimming pool with a dragon water slide for an added touch.  Each morning you would have the usual photo shoots in the foyer, again different Princesses each morning.  I'm sure it would go down well, even if you are not really a princess fan, I think you would still really appreciate the splendor and atmosphere around you, whether you were young or old.  :wink:
Teckinally that's the DLH

th13teen

The Disney Rock 'N' Roll Hotel, it would feature a very modern and stylish finish. Not like at WDW but a very ultra modern, probably expensive Hotel option, to live the 'rockstar' life.

th13teen

Either a Rock 'n' Roll hotel, that would be ultra modern and stylish to suit the needs of a 'rockstar' OR I would choose something like an American style Diner like annets diner but with a Nascar/indycar/f1 style hotel, where the beds are different famous racecars and different merobilia!

camillareaney

Maybe not for this lot, but I have had this idea for a long time. A Phantom Manor themed hotel.

But I would stay in a POC themed hotel or Hollywood Tower Hotel.

isani

A lot of people seem to like New Orleans and Pirates of the Caribbean. This got me thinking – those two go together, right? After all, PoC at Disneyland is located on New Orleans Square. Much of old New Orleans was built in the early 1800s, when piracy on the Caribbean was slowly dying out.

So here it is, my first ever attempt at fan imagineering!

Disney's Pirate Port Hotel

The hotel is a pirate-themed stylized representation of the Gulf of Mexico during the late 1700s and early 1800s. It's located at the "empty" spot by Lake Disney, which currently houses an event tent.

1. The main building houses the hotel's main entrance, lobby and suites. It represents Texas and northern Mexico, and it is styled after Mission architecture.

2. The two wings house hotel rooms. They represent Louisiana and New Orleans, and they are styled after the city's French Quarter.

3. The conference center represents the easternmost point of Mexico. It is styled after the fortresses of the Spanish Main.

4. New Orleans Street runs between the two wings. It's a Disney version of life in New Orleans, where every day is Mardi Gras. The street follows the line past The Earl Of Sandwich as an extension of Disney Village. Lining the street are a restaurant serving cajun food and a voodoo-themed bar.

5. At the end of New Orleans Street is a harbor featuring a pirate ship. It functions as a "weenie", drawing people from Disney Village onto the street. (I can't think of anything very interesting to actually do with the ship. Ideas, anyone?)

6. An water play area exclusively for hotel guests represents Florida. A Mickey Mouse shaped pool marks the location of Orlando.

7. The bridge is now longer. Decorative islands represent the Florida Keys and Cuba.

8. Conference center and Hotel parking.

What do you guys think?

Josh

Wow. It's really thought out. :D Some of it takes up room next to McDonalds planned for Village expansion, but never mind. I love the story and all the little details. And using the boat as a weenie was a really good idea.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]