the amount of money you spend

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, August 04, 2007, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

i thought it would be good to start a topic on how much we spend on disney gear.

out of interest what is the most anyones spent on pins in one go? and the cheapest (that interests me more :D  :D )

i think when the disney store does get pins in they're cheap, i got a winnie the pooh set for £4 for three pins.

i proberly spend most on snowglobes.

Anonymous

Probably the limited edition Princess Pins I got earlier in the year. A set of 6 pins each limited to 100, which was around £100 for the set.

Most expensive item bought has been an Armani Sleeping Beauty at $750, but paid for over 4 months.

Most expensive item in one go was an Armani Belle at about $400.

I like to have about £400 - £600 spending money on a weeks trip to Disneyland Paris.

Bought a lot of pins on Ebay for next to nothing.

WDI1992

Don't really spend money on pins but when I go for 4 days, I take along about 700- 800euros to pay for everything exept the hotel and entrance, so I spend about 300 euros on food, and let's say 300 to 400 on merchandise, wich leave me with a little spare for emergencies. It can differ from time to time really, depends on when the trip was booked or decided, so I can begin saving up for it  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Anonymous

Food takes a second place for me to be honest. Take some stuff with me and then about 10 - 20 euro's a day. Less money spent on food means more money to spend on merchandise.

:)

Raffaele

I dont really buy merchandise but im really into the pins and will just buy the ones which appeal to me.

To 'Dark_Prince' who bought the princess pin set for £100 do you possibly have a photo of the set as i would love to see it.

Also, what is Armani?
Pins Pins Pins ...

Anonymous

I'll take some pics (tomorrow if I get chance), and post them in the pin pics topic.

Armani's are high end collectible figurines. They're produced by the Guiseppe Armani studio in Florence, Italy. They've got a whole range of Disney figurines.

If you look in the merchandise pics thread, you'll see some photo's of my Armani's. I currently have 3, Ariel, Belle and Sleeping Beauty.

Raffaele

Oh right they must be with all that money your spending/investing. Not quite for me figurines but say' i was in Florence the other day i could have stopped by ... if thats possible.
Pins Pins Pins ...

speedpacket

I'm afraid I'm a high roller when it comes to Disney LOL
I simply can't leave Disney without going to a good restaurant (which they have a lot).  Besides, I feel that you still get more value for money in the table service restaurants compared to the counter service ones...

So yes, we like spending on good food...

Besides that - I'm collecting all pins that come out, so when I usually go once  r twice a month (sometimes more if they release another great limited edition pin), I just can't leave them...

And third but not least, I am aso collecting the Walt Disney Classics Collection figurines (in my opinion nicer than the Armani ones, but that is just up to everyone's taste and likes...)

So I think that I basically spend between 150 - 200 EUR a day when I go to Disney...   My motto is that as long as you can afford it, you really should enjoy it :)

Plus if you put your money in the limited edition pins or into the figurines, I feel it's money well spent.  Even if you don't like it anymore, they will never loose value, and you will probably be able to sell these later on at purchase price, or sometimes even better...

Well - main thing is we simply enjoy every minute at the resort :) :) :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

miss disney fan

me and my mother always take 150euros each for each day and then just in case we always take an extra days worth of money  :D

we would hate to worry about money in such a magical place, last time we came back from disney with our left over spending money we got another dog (note to self - spend all money at dlrp)  :P

Anonymous

Quote from: "speedpacket"And third but not least, I am aso collecting the Walt Disney Classics Collection figurines (in my opinion nicer than the Armani ones, but that is just up to everyone's taste and likes...)

:roll:

To be perfectly honest, I think they are an entirely different product.

The WDCC are very accurate renditions of the characters as they appear in the films, where as the Armani figurines take a bit more artistic license with the depiction of the characters.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "speedpacket"And third but not least, I am aso collecting the Walt Disney Classics Collection figurines (in my opinion nicer than the Armani ones, but that is just up to everyone's taste and likes...)

:roll:

To be perfectly honest, I think they are an entirely different product.

The WDCC are very accurate renditions of the characters as they appear in the films, where as the Armani figurines take a bit more artistic license with the depiction of the characters.
Why are you eye-rolling me?!?  :?
All I said is that I personally don't like the Armani ones- never said they are the same - you are entirely right that it's a different product - hence my saying that this is all personal taste and likes :)

Just confused as to why you feel offended  :cry:
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

howtodeal

My mother bought gifts for all the children (and some grown ups  :P ) of our family from Disneyland,
She spent 1000 euros there  :shock: , that was our last day at Disney
and we have lots of children in our family  :P .
I remember that there was one euro left in my mother's wallet at night,
Her wallet was stolen from someone who obviously
saw all the money she had  :x , Thank god she spent all that money,
Iam sure the thief was not so happy   :twisted:

casschr05

the most that I have spent was €15 or roundabouts
(including the passport discount) [/quote]

loulou

i spend far too much when i go there!!!  

but i have to be careful this time round because i have just booked to go to jamaica in may next year, so serious savin up to do :D  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Nicholas-c

so far today i have spent 179euro on AP, 90euro on a watch (its nice) and about 30euros on food drink + breakfast :p

The first 2 i wont need to spend again i hope :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone