we never made it :(

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, August 04, 2007, 12:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

i just thought i'd let you all know as i know a trip report, pics and my views on the 15th celebration would be expected. But unfortunatly we didnt go. we left wednesday morning at 7:00 in a taxi to hull train station, we then got the 7:33 train to manchester picadilly. my mum was very ill on the train she was constantly being sick, we thought it was down to travel sickness at first. we then got off the train at manchester picadilly and got on the train to manchester airport, it was here my mum seeked medical help. It was definatly not travel sickness she must have been sick 20 times by now. The paramedic decided to call an ambulance for my mum. We left our 3 suitcases at the station (mine, my mums and grans) and was taken to hospital were my mum was diagnosed with a really bad case of gastroenteritis, and then she was put on a drip ect. obviously we missed our 13:00 flight but my mum couldnt have gone anyway so we were stuck, we had no idea were we were except in manchester, as we hadnt ever been before. The hospital managed to book us a b&b for the night so me and my gran made our way there in a taxi but had to stop at tesco to change some of our euros as we had little english money. the b&b was cosy and nice. We then went to the station to get our suitcases and then back to the b&b, and then back to the hospital to pick up my mum. we stayed the night in the b&b and by the next day we knew my mum still wouldnt be able to go, however our room was taken for that night so the woman who owned the b&b was really helpful and booked us a room at travelodge next to the airport. This wasnt at all as nice as the b&b it wasnt cosy and they charge you to do anything in there, there was no public phones and the check in time was 15:00 but we got there at 11:00, so they charged £10 on top of our £51 to check in at 12:00. so the next day we decided we werent staying any longer in manchester all together with all charges it cost us about £150. we decided to come home but my mum wanted to try to see if we could still go to disney as we would have had friday- monday then. We went to jet2 and explained everything, how we were menat to fly on wednesday and how my mum had become ill ect. The woman said well you are suppose to tell us within 3 hours  and therefore we cannot have our tickets transfered (the man who had been looking after my mum before the paramedic came had radioed throught to jet2 and told them we couldnt make it tihs changed nothing though), it was impossible for us to let them know anyway as my mum was layed in hospital with a drip in her constantly being sick and with no public phones at the place we stayed there was no chance. She said for us to be put on a flight today (remembering jet2 are suppose to be a low cost airline) it would cost us about £220 one way for the three if us, so there and back would have been £440 on top of the £350 we payed for our tickets in the first place, its simply disgusting :x . We ran our travel agents from the airport and she said well your hotel room would have been giving to somebody else anyway and its best for us to just come home as the insurance may not cover us if we go. So yesterday we came home after 2 of the most tiring, upsetting and worrying days.
hopefully the insurance will cover us as you all know disneys not cheap it cost i think £1500 or somewhere around that for 3 adults (even though im only 16) for 5 nights 6 days at santa fe, by plane to cdg from manchester. Also hopefully the money we spent in manchester will be covered as that was part of our spending money. If not we've lost alot of money, i mean we have tickets for the parks in our names at the hotel.  :cry:

i'm glad to be home but i think we'd all rather be in disney now, but if i cant be there i want to be here at home.
me and my mum have said we will go sometime but we dont know when as the insurance will take ages and my mum has to get time of work ect, plus the summer season has the most stuff to do at the park, we'll just have to see. But we will definatly go; so all the help i have got from this forum wont goto waste :D and hopefully they'll still have the 15th snowglobes and the odd pin :?

Hilary

So sorry to hear that.  Hope it all works out for you.

Anonymous

So sorry to hear this - I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'd thought my September trip might end up being called off with the recent accident with my car, but thankfully that's all getting resolved.

I hope you get covered with the insurance, and you manage to get a trip before the 15th anniversary is over. Although not all the entertainments are on out of the summer season, the park is much quieter, so there are benefits - particularly if you drop on a good week like I did in March.

I'm sure merchandise will still be around, certainly through the end of March at least.

Hope all your troubles resolve themselves and you're back in Disneyland before you know it.

:belle:

fly_with_me_dumbo

thanks, its just we really enjoy the night parade we have only seen the old light parade and was really looking foward to seeing fantilusionmand the fireworks which are only on in summer :(
the last time i went was 3 years ago and for my mum and gran and jsut as a whole family was 10 years ago :(

my gran wont be coming next time as the dog got really depressed because she wasnt there, she was so happy when we came home yesterday :D

i know i should ask in trip planning but its a small simple question
is fantillusion on other then the summer season?

Nicholas-c

:( thats saddening, i would take you with me when i go but car is full :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Nicholas-c":( thats saddening, i would take you with me when i go but car is full :P

that has really made me smile,
you say your car is full but im only tiny :P  :P
:bambi:

RnRCj

That's a real shame, but your family has to come first.

I hope you get back to DLRP again soon :wink:

tubbsy

So sad  :(  Hope your Mums O.K

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c":( thats saddening, i would take you with me when i go but car is full :P

that has really made me smile,
you say your car is full but im only tiny :P  :P
:bambi:

Well, I've got an empty car when I go in September, but I'd have to leave you in Disneyland because there wouldn't be room on the way home with all the Belle stuff I'll be buying.

:lol:

Wonder if they'd notice if I smuggled Belle herself out of the Park.

:roll:

Hope your spirits are starting to lift and you get things back on track for a return to DLRP soon.

:)

Riebi

Oh that´s sad to hear! Hope there come better times for you!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lukesmom

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope your mum is now on the mend and you get your money back through the insurance. Hopefully you will all get to go soon  :(
Emma xx

-breeno-

Very sorry to hear that :cry:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

jazzluvva

I'm so sorry, i hope there will be a happy ending

Masamune

:shock: OMG, I can't believe you went through all that. It's so sad.

I hope your mum is feeling better, and I really hope you can get your money refunded so that you can afford to go again soon. :( Hopefully DLRP will understand what's happened and help you out.

Disneyana

Oh I'm so sorry for you. But I hope your mum's now alright again and that you will be able to go to DLP soon again.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"