Mary Poppins: classic or not

Started by treble, September 08, 2007, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treble

mary poppins has classic on the 40th anniversary dvd yet it does not appear on the list so does anyone know if it is or not :)
also pete's dragon
was the 101 dalmations film (glenn close) never added?

Admin edit: adjusted the topic title
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Anonymous

The films which are classed as Walt Disney Animated Classics are the ones which were made by Walt Disney Feature Animation. The full list is as follows:-

Snow White
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi
Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Melody Time
Fun and Fancy Free
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
The Black Cauldron
The Great Mouse Detective
Oliver and Company
The Little Mermaid
The Rescuers Down Under
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notré Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Lilo and Stitch
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinson's

So while Feature Animation probably worked on Mary Poppins, it's not classed as an Animated Classic. And 101 Dalmatians had nothing to do with animation.

The term Walt Disney Classics has been a bit more loosely applied in some locales than others. In the UK, The Wild was classed as an Animated Classic, but it was made by a different animation studio and just released under the Disney name.

treble

this is what is confusing me both saludos amigos and the three caballeros are part live part animation but are in the list the only diffence is mary poppins is feature. and why does it, and pete's dragon, have the word classic under the title. :?
this is probably boring the socks off everyone but in trying to collect the classics collection it's bugging me
no just the wild but meet the robinsons is too   :?
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Anonymous

Meet the Robinson's was made by Walt Disney Feature Animation, The Wild wasn't.

To be fair, there is far more animation in Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros than live action.

It's the other way around with Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon.

suzie

so are there other studios that make movies for disney other then Walt Disney Feature Animation and Pixar?
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Anonymous

Disney Toon Studios is the most notable which does all the sequels and TV animation.

The Wild was made by another studio and released through Disney.