Just like I dreamed it 17th-23rd July 2007:Day4 PHOTOS added

Started by Patrick, July 25, 2007, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well for all of you that know and that counts as probably only about 4 people who noticed my inactivity during the past couple of weeks I have been to disneyland resort paris for the week last week.  Was a great time, weather practically perfect in every way :wink: , the company was ok, was better on some days than others :lol: .  All in all the 15th Anniversary summer lived up to its dream marketing campaign.

First of the first few days, day one boarding eurostar once again had problems, I being me of course.  The useless idiot I sometimes can be broke my lock on my case, meaning my case was locked, but the key was stuck in half inside the case :lol: .  See there is nothing that won't break when I touch it.  Got to DLRP, went to hotel, amazing place the dream castle is, pink bus even worked perfect, Annettes great, so there just had to be something that had to go wrong again, and so my friends tried to get annual passes.  My 18 year old friend got his without a problem, the other 17, had a big problem.  In France you cannot sign a contract without parents signature and so spent most day using up my monthly contract credit on my phone ringing Egypt and England to get an answer, I'm not looking forward to my bill :lol: .

But did Phantom, and some other attractions, before heading back over to the annual passport bureau, me and one friend watched ouadp while other got his annual pass finally.  The parade definately has not lost any of its charm in the time since I saw it last.  The music is great and the performers were amazing, considering it was boiling hot, was great to see all characters and performers enjoying themselves.  Well yeah day 1 was rather boring, but sat for an hour opn central plaza watching dusk set turn to night was rather amazing.  Have to say it was one of the most magical parts of the trip.  Fantillusion was rather annoying, was waiting for it coming UP Main Street, it did not, instead came from fantasyland.  Was caught off guard and so was expecting it to be cut down.  Shame the 3 stops do not happen anywhere anymore.  Though Candlebration was nice, I dunno it feels rather unfinished with the fireworks being in wishes.  Wishes as usual was nice and colourful.

That's really all that happened on day one, pics to follow.

WDI1992

Whoohoow! Can not wait!  :lol:
* waits inpatientely*
nice review, really, hope to see the photos soon  :D
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

kurgly_bird

glad you had fun paddy, i was stuck in rainy, chavvy old darlo  :P

x x x

Hilary

Ha, just missed each other - I arrived on the 23rd, in the middle of a monsoon, and left yesterday, totally sunburnt

And I'm so pleased (if you see what I mean) that you did the same as me with Fantaillusion - this was my first time seeing it, and I remembered that MSEP used to go the reverse way to the day parade so I was more than a little annoyed to discover I was wrong - especially after waiting for over an hour in what turned out to be a relatively poor place.

Anyway, can't wait to see your photos!

Patrick

Here's the photos from day1, not too many really, well compared to the amount I took the other days.

Random photo to start it off, my friend was having an odd moment.

One of the many castle shots from this trip, this taken from Toad Hall at sunset

The castle from the middle of central plaza, what used to be a perfect fantillusion viewing point :cry:

A blurred, but rather interesting looking photo of the evil dancers of fantillusion

The castle looking magical as ever

More 15th

And yes if you didn't realise it was the 15th, Lumiere is back to tell even more :P .

More 15th anniversary banners with the castle, still an amazing sight to see.

Hope this will be enough for now, probably get the rest online tomorrow or saturday.  Thanks for the comments.

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing your pics Pat, I can't wait to see the rest

fly_with_me_dumbo

fantastic pics, cant wait to go on wednesday!!

peep

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Random photo to start it off, my friend was having an odd moment.

Hey, don't diss my odd moments!  :lol:

I do love the ouadp, the scent idea is cool. I'm so glad the hotel was able to sort your suitcase out though, was quite annoying in a way. The sunset behind the castle was a very magical moment though, maybe a little ruined by the bloke next to us smoking, but still beautiful to watch.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Dlrpfan

LOL!loving the coke bottle paddy :D great too see u had  a good time
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

tubbsy

Coka Cola would love the arty shot! :lol:

Love all the castle shots

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Patrick

Day 2, Wednesday 18th July 2007.

Woke up earlyish at about 8am, we were tired from the travelling and annoyances the day before.  Plus me and my other friend (peep) had stayed out in London on the Monday night and saw We Will Rock you, meaning we got very little sleep the previous night.  So extra magic hours were completely out of the question.  Instead got breakfast around 9am, if theres one thing nice about the dream castle, it's that there is not specific breakfast time you have to choose.  The breakfast was rather nice.

Got to the disneyland park by 9:50am, walked down main street and made our way to Discoveryland.  By the time we got there the Good Morning announcement started, was a very magical moment.  Did space mountain, minus music as the first ride, it seems so sllow and unmagical without music.  Then star tours, a personal favourite, my friends were amazed by the ride. just goes to show it may be old and retro, but it definately is still great :wink: .  Buzz was after, when for the first ever time I beat the people I was with :lol: , then again this was their first ride on it.

Tarzan was done then, the show was great as ever, think they may have added to the cast this year.  There just seemed like a bigger amount of people in it.  Friends were not very impressed by the disneyland park shows, which would start to become a repeating effect.  One oddly compared the tarzan show to wdw's :lol: .  Indiana was what we thought a nice walk on, but we were sop wrong, they had opened ALL of the overflow queuelines in it.  I even queued in areas I never knew existed, the ride was fun, for lunch bella notte was on the menu.  Food and service oddly quick, compared to taod's the night before it was astounding.  The yoghurt they add to the menu pluto's lately are definately a nice little addition.  Pirates with it's different queue yet again was as good as ever, we even managed to get rather wet in the front row.  I noticed the swinging pirate seems to have completely been removed.  

Back over to the world of Discovery, for the Legend of the Lion King, it seems the whole ticketing system has completely been thrown out and now it's a free for all.  The queue idea is ok I suppose, but I could see it worked badly since people joined 5 minutes before the show and were obviously not going to get a seat.  We decided in the end to give up on a seat and stand in the Hyperion seating area, the show was great, though there was the odd microphone problems with scar and narla.  So their singing was not as loud as the other characters, still I much prefer tarzan compared to the Lion King.  My friends yet again didn't seem so interested in the show, though they both seemed to have mixed reviews, again one compared it to walt disney world's :roll: .  

Autopia was done when we were in the land, as my 2nd ever ride it was still new to me, was just funny to sit and let the rail take me along the ride :lol: .  The attraction is nice, but still I want them to make it more like HKDL's, wow did I just give hong kong some praise :P .  A trip around the happiest waters of the world was then needed, my more sane friend decided like any person with a logical mind would, to sit out the ride.  However I felt in the mood for sending myself mad, after all I was in disneyland :P .  It's nice to see some of the animatronics have been taken out no doubt for refurbishment.  Fantasyland I found was a nice area to sit  in so we sat around for a while.  After which the time was arriving to wait for the ouadp, so on our way we saw Princes and Princesses, like Prince Philip who was on his way backstage and got bombarded by kids running to him.  Once waitingh outside bella notte for the parade, Cinderella rushed by, she was running :lol: , i even felt her skirt brush against me, was so odd, before i figured what had hit me, Cinderella was nearly around the small world corner going backstage.  Perla and Suzie then arrived once just like we dreamed it had started playing.  They did a great job at playing  up for the guests, then camer rushing towards us, and posed for a photo.  then rushed under the rope and into the no doubt Cinderella restaurant.

The parade was amazing as ever, we had the jungle book stop, wow the eagles on stilts are very scary, one jumped right at me, I didn't know what whether to move out the way or stand still, so ended up jumping with fright he was going to hit me :lol: .  The rest of the night was then spent mostly in Frontierland riding the Molly Brown for the first time since she was refurbished, and then Phantom Manor with the craziest cast member I ever  have seen.  We then did big thunder once, was one of my friends first ever ride on it (peep), it was amazing we were being thrown all over the place, ah how I love this vekoma coaster.  Then redid Phantom Manor 3 times with the crazy cast member in the stretching room, he walked around the room as you do then a woman tapped him on the back, then he went running around the room being followed by the woman :lol: .  Was definately hilarious to see.  Left Frontierland after closing time, watched candlebration and wishes again, stayed taking photos of  Main Street again so we didn't have to queue much for the bus.  Main Street definately is a magical place after park closing.

All in all the day was great.

Patrick

Pictures from Day 2, be warned there are a few :) .

Indy

Arty shot over Adventureland

Gepetto's Boat

Skull Rock

Which way??

Pirates

Fantasyland

Detail in Bella Notte

It's a Small World

Pizzeria Bella Notte

Fantasyland Towers

Fantasyland

Space Mountain

Discovery D

Prince Philip

Suzie and Perla

once upon a dream parade

Heffalump dancing green soldiers

A view over Frontierland

Sunset

Molly Brown

Phantom Manor

DisneyBud

Astounding pictures, yet again. Can't wait for the next report!!

Anthony

It's very strange reading a report where for once I wasn't there with you. :lol:  :( I'll try and look on the bright side - if I go now, the Fantillusion changes will just make me angry. [-(

Great pictures like DisneyBud says! I love the Sunset and Molly Brown.

Looking forward to your thoughts on Crush and Cars...

RnRCj

Great pictures! I especially like the ones of Adventureland :lol: