Woody's Roundup Village

Started by Imagineer, July 23, 2007, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Haha! :lol:

Yeah, it must be something Critter Corral-sized or else they'd have had to apply for more funding and it'd be discussed with the shareholders like the 2005 announcement.

Soap

Ok no major then, but every attraction change is important, because why change the old one then ;) ??
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kermit

So we will have a critter coral sized Splash Mountain in that spot. A very unique attraction no other Disney Resort will ever have ?  ](*,)
Just kidding.
A new restaurant and/or shop along with some frontierland theming would be nice.
But we´ll end up seeing a major rehab of critter coral.
Just my two cents.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Riebi

Is there a new fact about what happens there?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

Im sure they're doing just a normal refurbishment. Everything else would have been announced somewhere I guess.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Mathizsias

That woodcarver shop actually provided some highquality stuff, remember my parents buying some pieces there and they really looked quite good! Ill go make pictures of it next time I visit :)
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

Anthony

Quote from: "Mathizsias"That woodcarver shop actually provided some highquality stuff, remember my parents buying some pieces there and they really looked quite good! Ill go make pictures of it next time I visit :)
I hope they reopen that stall or include some kind of retail place in the new "thing", it's crazy that Frontierland has only one shop, even if it is quite big.

Raptor1982 - please don't hit me, but just to bring Splash Mountain into this...

As you can see, according to the old plans from around 1992 the loading area and entrance path of Splash Mountain would be on the current spot of Critter Corral.

So... the fact that they're now apparently spending some money on changing Critter Corral in one way or another must surely make Splash Mountain coming to this spot DLP quite doubtful, right?  The Imagineers must know how they'd like to expand DLP if the current projects go well, and it looks like those plans for Splash aren't at the top of the agenda, or why would they be doing this project?

Does this rule out Frontierland as the spot of the long-awaited next big DLP attraction then? It does narrow down their choices a bit.

Something to think about. :-k

davewasbaloo

Well I have seen imagineers with blueprints in Adventureland, so that may be the next spot. But one of my sources (very reliable) informs me that if the 15th does do well and a new finance plan can be drawn up, we will see 2 attractions in DLP and 6 in WDS over the next 5 - 10 years.
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Well I have seen imagineers with blueprints in Adventureland, so that may be the next spot. But one of my sources (very reliable) informs me that if the 15th does do well and a new finance plan can be drawn up, we will see 2 attractions in DLP and 6 in WDS over the next 5 - 10 years.

With all the great news ive heard im sure the 15th is and will do well.  :)

Soap

I can 't handle it anymore guys....all these positive news and changes  :oops:  
I mean, after such a magical 15th years celebration (new rides, etc), can it get any better??? On all the things i'm picking up here..... yes it can be  :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Maarten

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But one of my sources (very reliable) informs me that if the 15th does do well and a new finance plan can be drawn up, we will see 2 attractions in DLP and 6 in WDS over the next 5 - 10 years.

6 new attractions? Wow. The last time you mentioned this news, you said that DLP would get 2 new attractions and WDS only 3. Great stuff.  8)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But one of my sources (very reliable) informs me that if the 15th does do well and a new finance plan can be drawn up, we will see 2 attractions in DLP and 6 in WDS over the next 5 - 10 years.

6 new attractions? Wow. The last time you mentioned this news, you said that DLP would get 2 new attractions and WDS only 3. Great stuff.  8)

That was over the 5, I now mentioned the 10 years.  But remember Disney being Disney, nothing is ever definate until it opens (I would say announced, but as we know, there are plenty of projects that have been announced but have never seen the light of day).

Japper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Maarten"

That was over the 5, I now mentioned the 10 years.  But remember Disney being Disney, nothing is ever definate until it opens (I would say announced, but as we know, there are plenty of projects that have been announced but have never seen the light of day).

Can you give us a hint what we may can expect :D

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm, my sources would not give me full details, but needless to say some of the rumours around here seem quite accurate.  And I'm told Splash is not necessarily dead, just very different.  So Raptor's sources and my sources seem to have a difference of opinion.

Kristof

Davewasbaloo, I didn't say Splash Mountain was dead!!!!  I said that what's going on at Critter Corral right now isn't for Splash Mountain.    :!:  :!: