Marceline
Disneyland® Paris discovered
Disneyland Paris will be closed from 30th October to 12th February (except 19th December to 3rd January*, full details).
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

disneyland hong kong

Author Topic: disneyland hong kong  (Read 5362 times)

maji

• Hakuna Matata
disneyland hong kong
« on: July 20, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »
have any of you visited this park? i am thinking of booking a package and would love some info before i make my mind up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by maji »

Imagineer

• Give a little whistle
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »
Why don't you opt for Tokyo? It's much much better. DHK is so small right now...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Imagineer »

Dlrpfan

• Substitutiary Locomotion
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
well ive never been too HKDL but as Imagineer says it is quite small but great fun! The videos i have seen of the golden mickeys make me want to see it for real, i would only recomend 2 - 2 days too do everything at least two or three times as it is that small
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Dlrpfan »
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Parkfisch

• Hakuna Matata
Re: disneyland hong kong
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Quote from: "maji"
have any of you visited this park?

It's the only Disney Park Resort I haven't been to 'till now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Parkfisch »

maji

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »
gone and committed the eighth deadly sin - i have postponed our september/october trip to dlp  until april and booked hong kong instead. i can feel a lightening bolt attack coming any minute now :twisted:  :twisted:

Patrick

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »
Quote from: "maji"
gone and committed the eighth deadly sin - i have postponed our september/october trip to dlp  until april and booked hong kong instead. i can feel a lightening bolt attack coming any minute now :twisted:  :twisted:

You what?! :?  :lol: , really I personally think hong kong disneyland looks a little boring, but if your trip is including hong kong the city too, then have a great time I would love to visit there :lol:  :P .
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Patrick »

maji

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »
going for seven nights, split between both hotels. hoping to do lots of sightseeing, but that will depend on how good the park is  :!:  :!: will let you know if it was great or an expensive (the flights) mistake  :!:

greenpea89

• Be our guest
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »
We visited Hong Kong Disneyland last year and it is a park easily visited in one day.  Two days would be the maximum time you really need to spend at the park.  In one day you can easily ride every ride twice and visit/see all attractions and shows.  We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in concierge level rooms with a theme park view.  I would highly recommend this arrangement as we were able to watch the fireworks from our balcony each evening.  We had several character meals in the main restaurant and it was never busy and we did not need ADR.  Breakfast and snacks were available in the concierge lounge throughout our stay and story time was held there in the evenings.  With regards to transportation, it takes less time to walk to the park from this hotel than to take the bus. The New York Hotel is a little farther from the park walkway so it is easier to take the bus from that hotel.  We are huge Disney fanatics and we took our four kids on a five day trip to HKDisneyland and the kids were really ready to go home after the second day.  The third day was simply not interesting because they had ridden every ride multiple times, and there are not very many rides, met all characters more than once, and seen each show at least twice.  My advice would be only to visit HK if you are interested in seeing Hong Kong too or just want to be able to say you visited every Disney park.  We much prefer TokyoDL and we returned to TokyoDL in February of this year.  We were all SO excited when HK Disneyland opened and couldn't wait to go hoping it would be our annual Disney trip but we were HUGELY dissapointed and will not return.  We will stick to Tokyo- it's fantastic and IMO better than the US Disney parks.  Unless you have your heart set on going to HK, if you are planning to travel all the way from Scotland to Asia I would vote for Tokyo where you will get a great Disney experience and two parks for one!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by greenpea89 »

davewasbaloo

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »
Or if you fly Cathay or Emirates, you can have a stopover at HK (at no additional cost) enroute to Tokyo and do 3 Disneyparks!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by davewasbaloo »
since 2001 (many before that)

greenpea89

• Be our guest
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 07:37:58 PM »
What a great idea! :D

maji

• Hakuna Matata
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
to greenpea89 - were you in the kingdom club ? i have booked a room there and wondered if breakfast and snacks are included in the price like in the castleclub or do i have to book breakfast there seperately ? also, what is the price and quality of food like in the park? lastly, do you get vip fast passes in this hotel ? thanks for your help.

greenpea89

• Be our guest
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:59:32 PM »
Yes, we stayed on the Kingdom Club Floor in a KC suite that connected with a KC room.  The rooms were very nice and super clean.  Breakfast and snacks in the KC concierge lounge were included in the room price.  Most of the restaurants in the park serve Chinese food and, if I am remembering correctly, there is one restaurant and one food court that serve western food.  The food is not great but not bad either.  Typical, theme park quality :? is probably the best description.  There were also some carts scattered throughout the park that served mickey rice krispy treats and ice cream.  We bought our park tickets at the concierge desk in the lounge but we did not get VIP fastpass tickets.  I don't think they have them at HKDL  :( .  One of the pluses when we were at HKDL is that the lines were so short we didn't always need a fastpass and we were able to ride Dumbo, Pooh, River Cruise, Teacups, and Space Mountain over and over again - not something we would be able to do anywhere else :D !  Also, so sorry I think I called the other hotel New York and I think it's actually called Hollywood.  We didn't get a chance to go inside that hotel we only stopped out front to pick up other guests when we took the bus to the park on our first day before we found the walkway.  It's cute from the outside!  I hope this helps!  Have a wonderful trip!!