No SALTED Popcorn

Started by Parkfisch, July 19, 2007, 01:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

Why does Disneyland Resort Paris only sell sugared popcorn ? In France it seems to be usual to have popcorn as a sweet thing, but there are many tourists from other countries, where popcorn is usually sold with salt. Couldn't both "cultures" live next to each other ?   :lol:

Kristof

Salted popcorn is being sold pre-packed.  You can't buy "fresh" sweetened pop corn at WDW either, only pre-packed.  I for once had never heard of salted popcorn before I got into the DLRP thing.

Parkfisch

I've got a friend in Germany and when I told him that French people use to eat popcorn with sugar he said "That's usual for us here es well". I was very surprised at that moment.  :D
In Austria it's usual to go to the cinema and buy fresh salted popcorn. Everything else would be seen as a mistake like sugar in a soup.  :P

In Finland it seems to be unusual to put honey or jam on your bread, because I know a woman who was very amused when she saw me eating that. She told me that bread is not a sweet food so you cannot combine it with sugared spread. Very interesting...that diferences. But there are breakfast buffets that make everybody satisfied in his / her individual way.

Yes, in the USA they sell fresh salted popcorn at Disney. I was walking down Main Street in Anaheim while eating them and thinking that it woud be nice to be able to do that at the European Main Street too.  :wink:

Kristof

My American friends were disgusted when I'd put mayo on my fries.

Parkfisch

When I was very young I put mayo on my cocoa powder - but only once.  :(
Just a ( bad ) try....  :D

DisneyBud

Chips and mayonnaise are lovely, as are chips and gravy!! lol

15MagicalYears

I love chips and mayonnaise and wait for it,
Chips, Cheese and Tamato sauce  :D
It is lovely! It realy doesn't sound pleasnt but wow it's yummy  :lol:

tubbsy

Chips n gravy, mmmmmmmm!  
Chips n mayo, mmmmmmmm!  
Chpis cheese n tomato sauce, mmmmmmmm!

Well, chips n anything!

Chip butty anyone? :lol:

I prefer buttered popcorn.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

speedpacket

Quote from: "raptor1982"Salted popcorn is being sold pre-packed.  You can't buy "fresh" sweetened pop corn at WDW either, only pre-packed.  I for once had never heard of salted popcorn before I got into the DLRP thing.
raptor - Kinepolis / Metropolis in Belgium also sell salted ;)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

Yep, I noticed Kinepolis Hasselt started selling them too, but only recently.

esmeralda

In Germany we eat sugared popcorn!!  :D
Julia

Parkfisch

What about Ireland, UK, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Portugal.... ?
Any country except Austria, where Popcorn is usually eaten salted ?
I cannot imagine that only we are "americanized" ( salted seems to be usual in the USA ).
 :lol:

Soap

In Holland we eat BOTH! But....i only eat salted  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kurgly_bird

we have both in the UK too, but i prefer sugared.

x x x

Parkfisch

Of course you can get both in Austria too, but it's not 50 / 50. If Disneyland was in Austria they would sell fresh salted popcorn and prepacked sweet. In the Netherlands and the UK you get both ( fresh ) in every cinema and so on ?