One Mighty Party - appendix

Started by Riebi, July 03, 2007, 09:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

At juin 29 one mighty party has been at DLRP. The covered Frontierland and a beautiful stage in front of the castle for mariah carey wasn´t a big success. 2000 tickets gets sold and so it wasn´t really a profitable thing.
First question: Was somebody from here there?

Johnny Chisholm, organisator of the party, will make another one next year. But this time 3 days long. The first party should only be something to show the investors what the concept is.
The One Mighty Party is a sister of One Mighty Weekend wich starts at WDW since 14 years.
Do you think the next party is getting a success?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

WDI1992

Hi I've thought about going there, but first of all, it's a hell of a lot of money for something that only lasts for a couple of hours right? :lol:
second reason why there perhaps weren't that much visitors:  it's a gay and lesbian themed party, decreasing the target group to a limited amount of potential visitors... (I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable there, still, being a part of the target group myself :lol: )
third reason: there weren't a lot of adds... not in Belgium anyway, I just stumbled across the site accidentally...
The concept has definately known a lot of succes in WDW but I doubt it will in our Resort... in WDW there's a larger amount of space, so they can easily keep some parts of the resort 'private' for the party (and it's always sunny)... but in our Resort, we don't have a Blizzard Beach for example, so they cut off the whole of Frontierland for the party... not a good move to make I think, this costs waaay too much, keeping in mind there were only 2000 tickets sold... imagine the cost! If they want to make this profitable, they have to advertise in much more neighouring countries and choose a better date, say in august or something... I feel like the whole concept would fit better in the WDS actually, not in the main park... don't really know if this thing will know a great succes in Paris yet.  but hey, that's just my view on it  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

anthony2k6

So this was a flop so next year they make it a longer flop with more disruption?! madness. I hope disney tell the organiser where to go.

SkySurfer

hmmm - as I know - they sold 3000 tickets plus 2000 Castmember who joined the party.
I don´t think that this party was not successfull because of the target group.
Just think about how many gays join the CSD-Parties every year.
I think the problem is the missing adds. Who sould know about the party.
I didn´t see any ad. Not at the resort, not at any magazines and at no website.
I am sure. If they would have done some advertising - it would have been a success

smurfy74

i hope that its a success next year for the organisers but like mentioned earlier put it in the studios as they close earlier and it wouldnt affect other guests. Also I saw no advertising for it in the gay press so they need to do more marketting for sure

Patrick

Well whatever really, dlrp still gets money for this anyway, doesn't affect them much :lol: .  This seems to be a current problem, bobo last year failed miserably, this party does not seem to have done too well. Hmm I dunno it makes me wonder how many gay and lesbian people who visit the park really care for this type of party, I know I most definately do not really care for it.  Plus it looks like it was rather an odd idea, but suppose they still had gloria gaynor and mariah carey :lol: .  Well hope anyway they suceed next year if they return like they are saying they are.

Kristof

The day the party was, a message was urged all over the resort using all channels to announce that Cast Members would get free access + one guest...

Riebi

intersting, I didn´t know that they all can go there for free. Hope no CM has buy some tickets before the party.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Well whatever really, dlrp still gets money for this anyway, doesn't affect them much :lol: .  This seems to be a current problem, bobo last year failed miserably, this party does not seem to have done too well. Hmm I dunno it makes me wonder how many gay and lesbian people who visit the park really care for this type of party, I know I most definately do not really care for it.  Plus it looks like it was rather an odd idea, but suppose they still had gloria gaynor and mariah carey :lol: .  Well hope anyway they suceed next year if they return like they are saying they are.
I am a bisexual boy, but i don't need a party like this to visit Disneyland Resort Paris