Disneyland Park's Christmas Season 2007

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2007, 11:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjy

Quote from: "Disneyana"I like the Chandleliers, but not so much in combination with the 15th banners. I just have the feeling that the princess pics don't suit with them that much. But hey it's just for this season right ? then it's okay.
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
The chandleliers look good on there own but not with the 15th decorations and the halloween together!!!!!!
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Anthony

Christmas season commercial in full: http://visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=50705

After so many years of the Santa snowglobe ad, this is so spectacular. :shock:

disneyfanatic

I thought I read somewhere that it "snows" everyday during the Christmas season. Is that true? Is it real snow or fake snow? Only on Main street I assume? I want to make sure the kids have the right type of clothes to wear although I don't know how they would do real snow. If it is the snow like in Mickey's Winter Wonderland show that would be nice since it looked real but wasn't wet :D  We are planning to go in early December and are going next week for the Halloween season. Maybe one more trip after TOT opens in early Jan. and then our passes run out :cry: I just don't know what I'll do without my Disney fix every few months...

Owain

Quote from: "disneyfanatic"I thought I read somewhere that it "snows" everyday during the Christmas season. Is that true? Is it real snow or fake snow? Only on Main street I assume? I want to make sure the kids have the right type of clothes to wear although I don't know how they would do real snow. If it is the snow like in Mickey's Winter Wonderland show that would be nice since it looked real but wasn't wet :D  We are planning to go in early December and are going next week for the Halloween season. Maybe one more trip after TOT opens in early Jan. and then our passes run out :cry: I just don't know what I'll do without my Disney fix every few months...

Its fake !  :P

Kristof

It's foam.  It happens a few times a day for a few minutes.  When you hear the sound of bells, it's going to happen.  :)

disneyfanatic

So not during the parade. Bummer. Still I like the atmosphere without the cold. Can you only hear the bells on Main Street and will City Hall have the time info on when it happens? Thanks again for the answers.

Anthony

Quote from: "disneyfanatic"So not during the parade.
Yes, during the parade! At least in previous years...

One of my favourite memories from DLRP, snow falling as "Chante, c'est Noel" played and the Christmas Parade turned the corner onto Main Street. :)

It's going to be interesting to see how they handle all this with OUADP and its separate float music. Maybe they'll dig up the old "Santa Claus' Sleigh" music for his float again? I think they used that for Disney Classics Parade's christmas version...

ICHAPMAN

"Chante, c'est Noel" - ones of those things I'm gonna miss about this years Christmas Season.

I do hope they manage to 'slip' it in somewhere.....

ightenhill

Is there a chance somones slipped a wad of cash to buy fireworks this year they were sadly missed last year..

Heres a pic from last christmas day..

[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

RockNRoller

Quote from: "disneyfanatic"So not during the parade. Bummer. Still I like the atmosphere without the cold. Can you only hear the bells on Main Street and will City Hall have the time info on when it happens? Thanks again for the answers.

Its every 15 minutes on Main Street, you get a tinkle of bells ( I can imagine Tinkerbell waving her wand) then it starts to snow. Also happens during the tree lighting ceremony when they turn the lights on Main Street on. Easy to spot as Minnie cries "Look everyone its snowing"
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Poppy The Monkey

Those reindeers from the new advertisment are coming back as part of this years Christmas Post-Parade, which will start a while after The Once Upon a Dream Parade has finished.

Also included will be the toy soldiers, victorian dancers and royal ball dancers. 2 floats will make up the small parade, The Santa Clause float and the small toy soilder float. The old Snow White float may or may not be incuded.

miss disney fan

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Those reindeers from the new advertisment are coming back as part of this years Christmas Post-Parade, which will start a while after The Once Upon a Dream Parade has finished.

Also included will be the toy soldiers, victorian dancers and royal ball dancers. 2 floats will make up the small parade, The Santa Clause float and the small toy soilder float. The old Snow White float may or may not be incuded.

what music will they be playing for this small parade?

Anthony

A post-parade? That's a strange idea.

Hurrah for the reindeer though, they look very cool! I noticed they're on the character gathering they did for the 100 Years of Magic, so DLRP have just been hiding them since then.

So yes - place your bets now for the soundtrack. Chante c'est Noel, I guess? Until they use some Tokyo cra--I mean -song- instead.

Crush_Love

oh wow that sounds great from this "mini parade"  :D
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

The Butlin Boy

Sounds great but I agree with Baloo, I thought and still feel that they'd be better before the OUADP like the Halloween one :?

EDIT: I've just found a picture of the Christmas lights lit up on the castle with the cadels in this pic by NeMo on DCP:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3746/arrnuit2tx6.jpg