Disney Character photos... Enjoy!

Started by Javey74, June 25, 2007, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Hi Everyone

These character photos were taken in Jan 2005, Nov 2005, Aug 2006 and May 2007.

As you will see my daughter is character mad ! ! !

Click the Photo Gallery link below then click on "Disney Character Photos"

Let me know what you think, good or bad  :)  :)  :)

:donald:

Punky

gosh, so many wonderful photos!
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

Riebi

wow great pics! thanks for sharing!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

tubbsy

Brilliant photos! How'd you get so many with characters?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

giorgio1712

Nice pic's man!!  :D  Your right about your daughter!!! You must of spent all day hunting for characters!!

Javey74

Thankyou for all your comments, you are all very welcome to view at anytime.

As I say they were done over four visits, two at christmas time, once in the summer and once in the spring.

Our first visit was basically just getting the jist of the mayhem that can occur getting autograph books signed and pictures taken within a frenzy of people.

By the second and third visit we realised where all of the character areas were and the times, checking on the park map, and watching where they disappeared to afterwards, and yes that does involve a lot of walking back and forth at certain times. Although at breakfast at Cafe Mickey on each trip does help to get a few extra easy shots.

By the fourth trip we were getting like the paprazzi, we even waited at gates and entrances knowing where the characters would come out or go in, especially the princesses.  I'd get the odd shot of them returning to go in the cast only areas, watching in the distance as others would try and run after them, by this point I'd be waiting just in the right place at the right time to get that all important shot.

I must admit my last visit in May 2007, was a case of looking for characters my daughter didn't have, using all the tricks to get up to the character, asking them to sign her autograph book and get a clean photo where possible with no-one standing in front, since this is common ground here, then move away quickly onto the next character.

I noticed that we are lacking quite a few villain characters, I realised quickly that Halloween time is the best time of year to get these shots, so no guessing to when my next visit will be.  We will of completed the four seasons then.

And yes we will still go back even after that  :!:

The prices aren't bad either, well especially since my Fiancee is a travel agent (cheap accomodation deals with agent discount) not bad at all.  How lucky can a family be ! :wink:

There is always someone new to see on every visit, not to mention the shows and the rides, no matter how many times you visit.  

"That's the Magic of Disney"  :!:  :!:

:D  :D  :D

P.s. If anyone is interested I have got nearly a thousand shots of the parks and some of the shows (Buffalo Bills Wild West Show), only problem is, is the time it would take to upload them all.  I might try sometime putting them into particular areas with the usual hotlinks if anyone is interested  :!:

tubbsy

javey, I've pm'd you about Buffalo Bill photos :D (Please n thank-you! :D )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Javey74

As promised, photos from Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

Click on the Photo Gallery link below then click on "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show"

Hope you like them :D

tubbsy

Thank you javay. Very much appreciated :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

disneyguy

hi great pictures

what dates did you go at christmas? Id like to go next january. whats the parks/weather like then?

thanks

Javey74

Hi disneyguy

The dates we went for the Christmas period were 4th Jan 2005 and the next visit was 15 Nov 2005, so two visits in the same year.

As for the weather, it was cold on both visits, lot of open blue sky, which accounted for the temperature drop at that time of year.  We still had the odd cloudy spell which brought rain, but it wasn't frequent.

The November visit the temperature during the day was about 6 - 10 degrees, where as the January visit, I would say on the morning it was about 3 degrees though one morning it did not get much above 0 degrees, really chilly.  That's when I bought a DLP insulated waterproof jacket, with hood.  It kept me warm after after that.  Really good purchase I must say for that reason.  You see at DLP they know to make jackets well insulated for the colder times of the year.

In general the weather throughout the whole year can be very changeable, even in the summer, although the temperatures are much better.  If you catch a good sunny weekend it can get really hot.

One thing to remember, whatever the temperature, DLP itself has a micro-climate because of the way the trees surround it, so the temperature within the park is normally a couple of degrees warmer than outside the park.  So if it is cold, start thinking, it could be colder.

As for the park rides, it's the best time to go to beat the queues, go either side of the main Christmas and NewYear holidays.  Saying that we still had to get the odd fastpass.  But easy to get on the rides, a lot smaller queues these times of the year.

RnRCj

Nice photos.

And some people say there aren't many characters :P

Disneyana

Oh very very nice photos and your daughter really is sweet. She can be proud to have so many photos with Characters. I loved the ones with Captain Hook and Smee, Cinderella, Lilo. But my favourite is the one with Mickey and the plush Minnie in Cafe Mickey. Very Beautiful.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Javey74

Thankyou for all your kind comments, I've passed them on to my daughter.  By the way her favourite character if you don't already know is Minnie. :minnie:

Also she wanted you to know her favourite princess is "Snow White", so there you go I've added it.

Thankyou all once again!

disney_donutter

your daughter is gorgeous, and I dont blame her for liking minnie! she is cool!