Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that image :o
It looks amazing, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Kristof

The new posters have been put up on the lighting rigs over night!  The area around Disney Brothers Plaza received classic movie posters (as it was before), while the actual Toon Studio lighting rigs got adorned with those Hong Kong Disneyland characters posters.

More photos at WDSfans.

speedpacket

Quote from: "raptor1982"The new posters have been put up on the lighting rigs over night!  The area around Disney Brothers Plaza received classic movie posters (as it was before), while the actual Toon Studio lighting rigs got adorned with those Hong Kong Disneyland characters posters.

More photos at WDSfans.

Hmm - I prefer the classical movie posters over the character ones I'm afraid.  I don't know why, but for some reason they look cheapish :(
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

I prefer the characters ones.  Now there's an overall style, while with the movie posters, you had a mish-mash of different styles & colours.   :)

Patrick

Wow I love them, they look so good there, much better than how they look in HKDL.  Definately gives the area a much more Toonish style, whereas the old movie posters, made the area just blend too easily into Production Courtyard.

pjulie75

I think the posters like really stylish, modern and fit in with the styling perfectly. :minnie:

CraigDLRP!

Horrible! They look so cheap, especially with the white backgrounds. They looked soooo much better at HKDL. I will need to see it in person though, to make a good judgement, but having seen the HKDL ones, they look a whole lot more classy especially with the wonderful promenade.

Soap

I think they look good, not perfect, but it gives indeed more of a cartoon look. The picture is not that good, i think it will look better in real life!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kinou

Definitely better than movie posters. I agree with raptor. Now you have a coherent pattern and it's always better than nothing.

I hope that they made them more resistant to stormy weathers than the previous ones :D
Hug it out bitch !

Bowie

I love the Posters , but right now in the studios it's a mess . There some movie poster some charachters poster , i think they should do One thing. Only movie posters or only Charachter posters.

Kristof

Quote from: "Bowie"I love the Posters , but right now in the studios it's a mess . There some movie poster some charachters poster , i think they should do One thing. Only movie posters or only Charachter posters.

I don't get it?

There are only movie posters on Disney Brothers Plaza, characters posters at Toon Studio and the rest of WDS has nothing, yet.

Bowie

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "Bowie"I love the Posters , but right now in the studios it's a mess . There some movie poster some charachters poster , i think they should do One thing. Only movie posters or only Charachter posters.

I don't get it?

There are only movie posters on Disney Brothers Plaza, characters posters at Toon Studio and the rest of WDS has nothing, yet.

I think they should replace the Movie posters of Disney Brothers Plaza for the charachter Posters . Or the Charachter posters for movie posters , but that's only what I think . But I think i should first see it in real life ,

Bowie

A new poster added by the Da Vinci parking , it says the lenght from there tot Toon studio . I like it , I prefere the Cars side !

TowMater

Quote from: "Bowie"A new poster added by the Da Vinci parking , it says the lenght from there tot Toon studio . I like it , I prefere the Cars side !

Bowie, That picture is awesome, What a good view to take a picture like that with!  =D>

I like the way they did the arrow in the middle.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

The Butlin Boy

WOW, well that certainly brightens up that wall! I like how they have used images of the actual things, it looks very nice. I predct that it will remain there until January when it will be replaced by TOT and Stitch.