Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Baloo"It's so strange seeing it all from that angle, without fences around Cars.  I hope there are lots more trees still to arrive in that area.  I love the layout here though now, it's no longer just showbuildings built around a courtyard, there's corners to turn, things to discover...

And wow - with the magic lamp, Studio 5 and that giant Cars rock, Toon Studio is weenie city! :lol: Walt would be proud!

I agree about more trees. We need some more green!

disneymadchris

Quote from: "raptor1982"And blue it is for Animagique!

Scrooge at Disney Magic Interactive

Cool. This is getting exciing now.  :D

RnRCj

Quote from: "disneymadchris"Cool. This is getting exciing now.  :D

It gets more exciting every day!

Shame I probably won't be going in June now  :cry:

jortlaban

Quote from: "raptor1982"And blue it is for Animagique!

Scrooge at Disney Magic Interactive

where do you see blue, other than the two front round entrance pillars which have always been blue.
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Owain

I dont no if im right but im sure i can spot blue on the top right corner of the building.

Riebi

Maybe we should just wait some days to see all blue :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

I'm more concerned what they're going to do with the entrance area - at the moment it looks quite nasty, and doesn't really give you an idea of what to expect inside.  There aren't even any posters like CinéMagique, there's just the name... "Animagique" and a sorcerer Mickey wand... for some reason.

If they paint the facade blue, then the blue Animagique sign won't look that great.  And those strange blue towers... And what about the red bricks? Will they turn pink like the AODA ones?

I'd love for them to add something in front of Studio 3 too, maybe just some trees since I doubt they can stretch to a fountain.  The stretch between Studio and Carpets there is the only bad place left in the area. I think most of all I'd just like some posters of the show around the waiting area.  I think lots of people avoid it because they don't know what it is - a "blacklight puppet show" however sounds pretty cool.

I'm just throwing ideas out here, sorry.  Animagique is IMHO the worst attraction exterior WDI have ever built.  Looking at what they're doing to the already-rather-nice AODA, I'll be gutted if they don't even put up some new posters or add some new trees/gardens.

jortlaban

Quote from: "Owain"I dont no if im right but im sure i can spot blue on the top right corner of the building.
that would be the sky, which is visible through a gap in the scaffolding
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Anthony

Ok, so no blue yet... but what are the chances of it not being blue? :lol:

Animation Courtyard looks nicer fenced off like it is now... You can see how they originally planned it, as a real courtyard, before Flying Carpets was tacked on to the design.

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Baloo"Ok, so no blue yet... but what are the chances of it not being blue? :lol:

Animation Courtyard looks nicer fenced off like it is now... You can see how they originally planned it, as a real courtyard, before Flying Carpets was tacked on to the design.

Probably like, a million to one. Lol.  :D

Kristof

Scrooge posted that he saw blue under the scaffolding...............

stuarthulluk

i know that the meet and greet areas for the incredibles and chicken little have gone, but do those charatcers still make apperences????

disneymadchris

Quote from: "stuarthulluk"i know that the meet and greet areas for the incredibles and chicken little have gone, but do those charatcers still make apperences????

Well, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Incredible whn I went in February so, as far as I know, yes thy do.

dreamseeker

Animagique is going to be blue  :( At dlrp.fr we can see two photos, where we see the wall painted:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_placemaking_dis ... _1060.html
from barcelone... Dreamseeker

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "stuarthulluk"i know that the meet and greet areas for the incredibles and chicken little have gone, but do those charatcers still make apperences????

Yep Chicken Little and Abby Malard still often appear in Animation Courtyard (well whats left of it  :wink: ) and they are also in the Disney Cinema Parade.

The Incredibles still meet and greet guests in Animation Courtyard too.