Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Tinkerbell

l'm a huge fan of the yellow they used so this is a big no no if you ask me....  lt looks a tad amateuristic (hope l spelled that right...)

Maarten

New photos of the Toon Studio and Placemaking Project can be found at Disneytheque.com...

Toon Studio: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... l#extended
Placemaking Project: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... g-WDS.html

As you can see in this pic, Arabian styled lampposts have been installed at the oasis. It looks wondeful if you ask me! I can only hope for much more to come.  8)

Anthony

Oh wow wow wow!! That makes such a difference!!

The progress they've made the last few days is amazing. :D

Patrick

It looks amazing, not a fan of the art of disney animation building, but as I found out last night it looks yellow in the light at night :wink: , and the oasis is lookig great, well what I could see, my magic carpet was being driven by a little random kid who never wanted to stay at the top when we went past the construction site :twisted: .

Poppy The Monkey

from Dlp.info forum..

Animagique has now gone blue too..

Before...

and after...

Patrick

Well that must have been done overnight, yesterday I saw no sign of paint, scaffolding, or anything to paint it blue :? .  Also it looks photoshopped, there are yellow outlines around the edges :wink: .

Kristof

I'm not sure about that photo.  Looks fake to me... Look at the borders, you can still see the yellow?  

But I have to admit that the blue doesn't look too bad on it.

Poppy The Monkey

Strange,  It looks a pretty rushed job too if you look at the edges.

That is the only picture I can find online of it too.  :?

Patrick

Suppose I could rush to the park and report back, but that would fairly boring :lol: .

Poppy The Monkey

I'm sure it'll wait till the morning. By the time you run there it'll be near closing time.

Not often you can walk round the corner to break the latest DLRP news to yourself!  8)

Where abouts are you staying Pat? How are you getting online? Santa Fe internet room?

Patrick

Yes I am in the Santa Fe net room, but staying  in the cheyenne, which beats Holiday Inn, especially the cast members there :) .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"which beats Holiday Inn, especially the cast members there :) .
They're just nasty at HI, aren't they? :lol:

I agree the blue looks ok - better than at AODA, but this has to be photoshopped.  The yellow around the edges is sorta the "glow" from the yellow paint reflecting in the light...

Anthony

I'm going to be really honest here and say... the blue AODA isn't all that bad. It definitely fits the Toon Studio thme and just generally looks better in reality :)

Today the bricks on the left of the entrnace were painted a deep pink colour, rather than their browny original. Again - looks pretty good, but maybe it;s just the magic sending me insane!

I guess raptor should have photos online of that soon ;-)

Kristof

penfold12

So guys, is it a photoshopped pic??  Btw, the park looks empty on the pics today? Now I know im going to be unpopular, but im thinking they should paint over the mural on the wall and have the entire building blue? Wouldnt that look better........ Then repaint the mural in deep blue ha ha