The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Putting it in the central of the park can create some anticipation!  Imagine this: your coming from the parkinglot/train station and see the hotel glooming over Studio 1.  You enter Studio 1...  What will you see when you come out?

Anthony

Yeah, absolutely.  And they won't even need to put banners around the resort hub to try and get people in WDS to ride it - it'll be right there!  I'm sure people will be very impressed by it and probably head to WDS for perhaps the first time.  Once there, they decide to not only do ToT but do other rides like RNRC or CinéMagique or Finding Nemo... and they'll be won over!  I hope...  :wink:

Toon Studios will build up the amount of attractions and themeing so that once ToT arrives there's enough there to support the extra guests and get them to stay longer.  I actually think that with ToT, Toon Studios and all the extra entertainment WDS really is a full day park.

Which brings me onto another point - do you think that once ToT is open they'll open the studios til 8pm every night?  It would be a shame to not be able to see it in the dark, and I think Toon Studios will be probably be cool in the dark as well...

Kristof

Well the whole Studios park is awesome during the night.  There's so much atmosphere and much more to see.  Like the pixiedust in the Art of Disney Animation letters.  And the "fire" effect on the Studio Tram Tour logo.  And Reign of Fire and Catastrophe Canyon are great too during the night!!!
It would be truly a shame not to see ToT during the night.  

Kinou

I agree, Studios at night are way better than during the day, when iw orked there during Xmas holidays, I could do a tour around the park before going to the Costuming, the light effects are great and it's a shame guests can't see them most of the year.
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

You've probably seen this before, but there's a new image at the bottom of this page that hasn't been posted here yet, so there it is!  It's a mirrored image for some reason, but it really shows you just how massive the hole is, if you look at that ladder going down into it.

One (perhaps rather stupid) question: How do they stop the hole filling up with water?  The weather in Paris isn't that great, and I doubt the water would drain away easily...  :?  :lol:

Sweet Laker

I think they just place a sign, stating: "Detour, rain go left, follow the arrows and drop down on the ground near BTM.

But seriously: I think they use pumps to get the water out of there. I think it is just a standard procedure to get the water out of the hole. Everywhere, houses are build, these holes are found, so i guess they allready have an answere to it. Just drain it away, like you said, thats what i think. Not sure though.

Kristof

Maybe it's part of a brand new experience....  Splash Tower.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe it's part of a brand new experience....  Splash Tower.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
Wow! Featuring Brer Bear as a bellhop?!  :o  :lol:

Sweet Laker

I was thinking, why didn't they create a toonlike Tower of Terror. I was watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons and in one of them a house is showed, covered in flames.

Now wouldn't that be more appropriete theming. Since it is standing next to the Toonstudios.

Let me know what you think  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I was thinking, why didn't they create a toonlike Tower of Terror.

I think they did definately consider it for a long time - it was heavily rumoured, at least.  Whilst the idea was great and it would have made the ride so much more unique, I can see why they didn't use it for many reasons:
- The toon themeing would have made the ride seem less scary than it is - kids would have gone on and been terrified for life!
- They wanted the Toon Studios over by Animation Courtyard and they wouldn't be able to build the tower here because it would be seen much more from Frontierland.
- The extra development, etc. for the new themeing and effects might not have gone down well with the financers.
- A "Toon Tower" is much less likely to attract people than a Hollywood Tower Hotel "Tower of Terror", and would be much harder to advertise in the first place.
- The park needs more of Hollywood including an outside Sunset Boulevard - you can't get more Hollywood than ToT, and it's also perfect for adding more atmosphere to a future boulevard.
- etc...

So whilst it was an amazing idea, and one that many fans would have really liked to see, unfortunately it just didn't make sense both financially and in terms of the park design.

Personally I think they made the right choice with their new attractions.  ToT is just absolutely perfect for the park and with Toon Studios looking like way more than "a few kiddie carnival rides", I think WDS is doing much better than it ever expected!  :D

Masamune

^^; I've actually got a fear of elevators...so I'm not even sure if I'd go on that ride... XD which is silly, considering I've been on one of the tallest roller coasters in the world, and been launched off the side of a huge tower in Las Vegas...

Kristof

I was wondering what they're going to do with the back of the hotel...  The one in DCA is just blank without actual theming.  While ours will be in the middle of the park, do you think the back here will get a decent theming?

Picture of the back of ToT at DCA, by agoral on Disney Central Plaza.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/florent.julo/totdca.jpg

Anthony

I think it'll be basically the same.  The DCA one doesn't actually look that bad from the back...  maybe they'll just add some more fake windows and perhaps a second hotel sign for Paris?  :?

Anthony

Today, workmen were apparently clearing rubble from the foundations...

Source: needcedr?c/SoundEngineer on DCP Forums

:arrow: http://needcedric.skyblog.com/pics/188986389.jpg

:arrow: http://needcedric.skyblog.com/pics/188985515.jpg

Another photo posted further up the forum of the DCA tower under construction has reminded me just how far they've got to go:

:arrow: http://webcot.free.fr/articles/tot/construction.jpg

Photos source: webcot

:shock:

Kristof

Work was going on yesterday and the day before!