The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

I think it's only the one at Disney's Hollywood Studios that has randomised drops. The ToT's at Paris, Disney's California Adventure and Tokyo Disneysea use the new ride operation system, which isn't randomised. I guess they could do it one day, but it might be more difficult to program.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Scissorsboi

One of the shafts has a slightly different drop pattern I believe, instead of up-up-down before the big drop it goes up-down-down. I want to say this is to do with space issues needed for the infinity corridor scene, but I may just be massively jumbled up!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ulak

Yeah...! I want this for WDS every night! :)

[youtube:308cm9ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnsByIFiBw[/youtube:308cm9ho]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

SoundSoldier

I jsut love the tower of terror.
not only just the ride but the clerks arre just messing with you.

Too bad we had one who didn't do anything 'creepy' or fun.
jsut a peace sign when the ride started.  :roll: very in character indeed.
am I the only one or has anyone the same experience, where the clerk doesn't do anything creepy or fun.

ps. ;) which experience with a staffmember in the 'hotel' was the best?
the best thing I had was a clerk who told us to hold on to: children, personal belonings, our lunch that day,...
and just waving creepy when the ride started.
when the ride ended, he just popped his head into the elevator and counted each and every one of us to check if nobody was vanished.

Josh

Quote from: "SoundSoldier"am I the only one or has anyone the same experience, where the clerk doesn't do anything creepy or fun.
It happened to me, too (on my first and only ride :( ). But maybe it was just because he was a bit freaked out by me saying "I DON'T WANT TO GET ON!!!!"
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Thaliel

Last time, one CM on the elevator claimed that it had an emergency exit at the top...which if course, it hasn't, so when ppl askes how they'd get out, he just said: "Well, it's too late"
<-Plz click

Sully

Just found a blog when looking for info about the new Ratatouille ride...

http://www.mepipe.com/2012/06/disneylan ... aires.html

Mentions the ToT being in disrepair...  It's been a year since I've been, but I couldn't imagine there being a serious problem with it.

Anyone know what's going on?

Festival Disney

I took this picture back in April where you can see the concrete crumbling.  Also, they had netting around the two sticky out bits at the top...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Thaliel

Quote from: "Festival Disney"I took this picture back in April where you can see the concrete crumbling.  Also, they had netting around the two sticky out bits at the top...

looks like mouse/rat traces to me or any other major rodent
<-Plz click

Lorum

The concrete problems of the TOT are under investigation, it's obvious it's not a minor problem. It's really hard to pour concrete in winter, but today's improvements in cocrete pouring methods allow you to produce good results in cold weather. However, it's unusual to see spalled concrete in such a recent structure, and that could be a reason. There are many options, but they must do something soon.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

penfold12

That answers my question before I post it! I was at the park this past weekend, and noticed netting on 40% of the structure. I was going to ask why, but this explains. However, a lot of the netting was at the top section of the building

Lorum

Probably, because it's the section of the building where temperatures are colder and winds are stronger. However, I think I watched somewhere a video in which workers were placing some precast concrete, so it is also likely to be its composition. But, you know, there are a lot of issues related to concrete, and I'm just an engineering student. So we have to wait and see the investigation results.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

DisneyDancer92

Okay so I have made a decision- I will finally ride it when I visit in 9 days!. Been scared by it for years- and had no desire to ride it- but reading all the posts on here have really intrigued me, and when I watched a couple of videos on youtube I got really excited, it looks like an amazing ride :D really hoping I will get it in English though! Does anyone know how high the biggest drop is?

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

ed-uk

I've been on the Tower of Terror, it is worth it for the wonderful Disney themeing inside and that horrible sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach when you take the drop, but for some reason I can't face the Parachute Drop in TSPL.
Ed & David

DisneyDancer92

Finally Did it! Went on it for the first time today- and it was amazing , so much fun ! Was so regretting it at first but i loved it. Will def do it again tomorrow! And it was only a 10 min wait.

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"