The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nath

Quote from: "arno-hh"
Quote from: "Japper"Check out this picture from the Filmparade:

It says Daymode! I wonder what the difference is between day and (night?)mode? :)

Hi in the Disney Filmparade they say at the moment of you picture "this machines behind me are show-controll-computer! they store all the light, sound and mechanical effects!
So maybe light effects or random fall sequences?

I am so excited!

This is the PLC for the effects, not the main ride mechanics.

I assume when they say day mode they mean show effects, as it says first show control, and i'm guessing that's the main one for the libraries etc, as this PLC has nothing to do with the drop sequence.

Filip

Does anyone know if we are still getting the huge palm trees, i suppose the fake ones, around our tower as they have them in DCA? I think they are missing and it looks much better with them. New photos on Disneytheque by the way...

The Butlin Boy

Main Street Gazette forum has got some new behind the construction walls photos of the TOT outside queue, inside the shop, toilets, working entrance sign and photos of the Hollywood Boulevard from the TOT entrance :)

:arrow: Link

The excitement is just running through me now because it all looks so great :D

Owain

Wow, the photos are great !  :)

OMG !  :o  The shop looks great, the water feature !

I cant wait !  :D

RnRCj

Damn, you beat me to it :lol:

I have to say, the things around the tower look very impressive. The trees in the garden are all placed really well, and the whole atmosphere of the area is very good. I also like the water feature - It's nicely detailed and will bring a bit more life to the area. Is there a water feature at DCA? :?:

Another thing which looks good is the lighting - It makes it extra spooky! :lol:

Probably one of the best photo updates of the tower we've had in a while :wink:

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Owain"The shop looks great, the water feature !

Water Feature!? That is an empty shelf waiting to be stocked. lol

SMCD

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"

I guess he is talking about the outside fountain.  

Great pictures, BTW.
 :D

Owain

Im on about the water feature underneath the TOT sign !  :?

Japper

He has uploaded more photo's :D !

RnRCj

Quote from: "Japper"He has uploaded more photo's :D !

Thanks!

The second set of photos also look really good. I'm just blown away by how much effort DLRP have put into this. If I was shown one of those picture a few years ago, I would never have believed it was WDS. Absolutely amazing :shock:

Japper

I still can't believe that this is our WDS! It's just so amazing!

penfold12

Im really not complaining, but I am slightly suprised at how new it all looks, I remeber the Tower in MGM being a lot more run down and derelict even outside. The gardens etc looked as if they hadnt been touched since the accident in the 1930's.

Not that im complaining, just the sheer scale of this attraction suddenly hits you when you see these Photos. It totaly changes the dynamic of the park. WOW

Riebi

Quote from: "Owain"

Im on about the water feature underneath the TOT sign !  :?

Thanks god!!!  [-o<

A water feature!!!!!!!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

-breeno-

Wow! :shock:   I can't believe how good the ToT looks, that water feature looks brillant :D

It's a shame i'll probadly have to wait until July when i can see all this in real life :cry:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

peep

Oh wow, it is looking amazing now, the theming just on the fountain is amazing, so detailed. Looking at this is just making me more excited about going, which probably won't be until something like April next year :(
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320