The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

That was a question that I was going to ask, how Tokyo Disney did their tower with the languages. I noticed when I went on th site where the dialogue was written in english all the speach was in Japanese.

I am hoping that its correct that ToT will get its own uniforms... I like the dark maroon, it adds to the dark spookiness :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Kinou

There will be TWO audios versions, french and english. The cast-member will chose which one to set up by judging the guests in the elevator.

As for the costumes, they will have their own red ones, some parts have arrived monday at the Costuming building, I saw them.
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

That's nothing but good news.  Seems like they decided in the end to go for the original costumes after all.  An imagineer had showed us the concept art for the costumes which was definitely not the great ones from DCA & MGM.  

Cool!  8)

pjulie75

I think the costumes look great. :D

The only thing I am unsure of is the language, French or English.  I only know a little bit of French and would not understand the ride if it was in French.  I appreciate that they are going to try and work out which language to play on each elevator, but I would think most times it is going to be filled with French speaking people which is quite disappointing to the non-french speaking guests.  I don't understand why they can't have a different queue or even at the front of the queue divide the Guests into different elevators.  Obviously quite a difficult thing to get right but I think a must for the enjoyment of the Guests.  It would be really disappointing to queue up for ages and then not understand anything... :?

ightenhill

costumes look a little poorly thought out.. The colours lack drama .. dissapointment number 1.. lets just hope there are no more to come (apart from the corridor to nowehere that comes as standard with the californian version).. Off to DL next week so ill check if it spoils the rides theming and illusion as much as i remember..

Still at least we have a ToT :D

edit.. just noticed the post above.. Thank god they have gone for the original costume...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Kinou"There will be TWO audios versions, french and english. The cast-member will chose which one to set up by judging the guests in the elevator.

As for the costumes, they will have their own red ones, some parts have arrived monday at the Costuming building, I saw them.
Yay and YAY! thew double audio experiance sounds really cool and unique and thank goodness there gonna be some red costumes!!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

RnRCj

I've really don't mind the audio being French. I think it would sound spookier :lol: But it would be even better if they do make it so the CM can choose which language to do :D

I'm soooo excited now! :D  :D  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Kinou"There will be TWO audios versions, french and english. The cast-member will chose which one to set up by judging the guests in the elevator.

Problems solved. :)

I'm sure the CM will still hit the French button almost all the time rather than give some variety, but it's nice they've included the option for a second language, unlike Phantom Manor...

meteor75

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"That was a question that I was going to ask, how Tokyo Disney did their tower with the languages. I noticed when I went on th site where the dialogue was written in english all the speach was in Japanese.

Only the signage has English translations. The audio is exclusively in Japanese. Actually, you won't hear any english in most attractions as well (except some safety spiels). For certain shows (at least at the Magic Lamp Theater), if they notice that you are not really Japanese, they will hand you a little portable screen that will displays text of the show in English.

PetiteSirene

Thanks Meteor, I had thought as much :), I have never been to any of the other non english parks apart from DLRP but am keen to go eventually. Guess it goes to show that just because its Disney it doesnt have to be in English at all!

I do suspect though that even with the english option the French one will be used most of the time... having worked in a theme park its not always very obvious who can speak what language! But we can hope.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Kristof

I don't think there would be anything wrong with asking the CM to push the English button either...

PetiteSirene

Very true Raptor though I am very shy face to face and would just get what I get given  :oops:

But I really dont care considering it the Drop thats the fun!  :twisted:

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Flounder

Or what about just asking when they direct you in the line in front of the lift whether this is gonna be a frensh or english experience? And when they should mention that it's gonna be a french one ask if you can wait for the next available english one. This should always be worth a try.

And remember, they always ask in other attractions - when there are a few empty seats left - for parties of a special number. Why not asking here for any english speaking parties?

I am sure that almost anybody who's willing to ask will get the experience he wants.

Cheers,
Flounder

RnRCj

They're adding more purple :shock:

//http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque/disneyland_resort_paris/tower_terror/071026/004.jpg

Source: Disneytheque

I don't think it looks as realistic now :(