The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

I cant say anything that anyone else hasnt already said! Wow. Just fantastic. WDS is looking like a Disney Theme Park! :lol:  :lol:

RnRCj

The Tower Of Terror is coming to life :D Looks amazing!

Anthony

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Agreed, it is so wrong this wont be open for Halloween. Any chance the released date is just a ploy and we will here screams from the Tower on October 31st? Would Disney do something like that?
No Maarten was talking about a publicity stunt to officially illuminate the Tower on the 31st, not open it. It's still possible, but knowing DLRP... quite unlikely.

The Tower doesn't seem completely lit yet anyway, if it's going to be similiar to DCA:

One great thing - they're leaving the HTH sign lit all day. :)

PetiteSirene

Haha great photo! Even looks like there are some ghostly guests there ;)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

kermit

Hi everyone,

a couple of mintues ago, I was watching the "Disney Filmparade" here on german television. Most of the times it´s not very interesting, but today they were showing some footage from inside the ToT, especially the boiler room. Well, it looks really impressive and the best is it´s finished.

It´s very detailed with lots of old stuff they´ve bought all around France.

Now, I really can´t wait for it to be open.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

RnRCj

Quote from: "kermit"Hi everyone,

a couple of mintues ago, I was watching the "Disney Filmparade" here on german television. Most of the times it´s not very interesting, but today they were showing some footage from inside the ToT, especially the boiler room. Well, it looks really impressive and the best is it´s finished.

It´s very detailed with lots of old stuff they´ve bought all around France.

Now, I really can´t wait for it to be open.

Are you sure it was the Paris TOT? If so, that's great news :D Maybe someone will put a video of it on the internet soon :lol:

Nala_84

Hehe it's the same with me: I'm not interested in the ToT, but I guess that's only because of the fact that I'm much too scared to ride freefall towers!

But when I watched the Disney Filmparade today, it all looked so amazingly well-themed. Everything fitted together and they told that one Imagineer travelled all over the world to find some real pieces to put into the themeing, f.e. little statues or old stuff from closed factories. Really amazing!

Next Sunday there'll be the second part of the report, I'm really curious now :)!

Is it true that I could visit the beginning or pre-show of the attraction without riding the freefall tower?!?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

kermit

@RnRCj- Yes, it´s been the Paris one indeed.

@Nala_84- Yes Nala, if you want to skip the actual ride you can do so. There is an exit in the boiler room. Correct me if I´m wrong.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

PetiteSirene

In the Orlando one there was a 'chicken out' route right at the end before you got on the lift. All scary rides have one somewhere for people who get right to the front then decide they dont want to go one... I used to do it all the time when I was younger lol!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

The Butlin Boy

There is a video of the tower lit up here:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Yr4dOAqxw

It looks awesome :)

Source: Theumah on youtube

Dlrpfan

thats a great little video there thx for sharing Butlin Boy :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Here's another photo I quite like  :wink:

A couple more from the past 2 days have been uploaded at the usual place:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... of_terror/

DisneyMike

Hey there people!
When browsing the Internet I saw this video on Youtube about the DCA version of the ToT. It shows the lighting effects they use in the evening.
It's quite stunning and I hope they will do the same in Paris.
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOK3Jdro40g

Hope you like it.

Grtz Mike

Nala_84

Wow, the picture above is great with the moon beside the tower :)! Is it usual that there's no light in some of the letters? Or will it be.. "flimmering" (I don't know the word *g*)?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"Wow, the picture above is great with the moon beside the tower :)! Is it usual that there's no light in some of the letters? Or will it be.. "flimmering" (I don't know the word *g*)?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39rr5 ... est_travel

:wink: