The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Great photos! :D

Do you know what them red wires are?

Anthony

Blimey, it's just going so fast these days. It's great to see the detail from all those different angles too, you can't see it like that at DCA.

Quote from: "RnRCj"Do you know what them red wires are?
On the front of the Tower? I think they must be for the lighting on the "Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign. :)

Kristof

Just noticed more differences between the DCA and our version:

Disney California Adventure:

Walt Disney Studios:

The edge looks much rougher and not as purple as at DCA (unless it gets a coat of paint, which I hope it won't...).  The details look more real, compared to the Playdoh-like edges.

And the border around the dome has blue tiles, instead of a grey border.

DCA photo by Sun-Mountain.  Check out their excellent photo from the whole building here.

Maarten

Although the Californian and Parisian Towers are almost equal in my opinion, I slightly prefer the exterior of the Walt Disney Studios version. I like the fact that a few details are different and that the Parisian Tower even has a few more. I simply love the realistic approach they have taken with the red bricks.

After seeing that the Imagineers slightly plussed a few parts of the Tower of Terror design, it makes me curious which parts of the building may be different aswell? Maybe our gardens/queue will contain more greenery, or the boilerroom will be less cartoony? I cant wait to find out.  :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "RnRCj"Great photos! :D

Do you know what them red wires are?
RnRCj - it looks like maybe the electrical wiring for the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

It´s wonderful to seeing all this little details that the tower in paris has! And I must say the glazed tiles under the roofs looks very cool! Much better than the gray version at california!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

I like the red bricks too :) Although I've got a really bad feeling they're going to be painted purple.

penfold12

On the "Sun-Mountain" photo linked by Raptor, the building in the foreground, looks to have detailed relief sculpture work. However if you enlarge the photo, you can see it is a flat surface, with the sculpture work painted on. I wonder if that will be the same for our facades?

Kristof

More photos from past Sunday:

Scaffolding down from the small tower:

Balconies unwrapped:

Tower of Terror, STT-entrance and the Hollywood Tunnel frame:

Soap

WOW....especially that last picture....shivers down my spine  :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Maarten

Nice pics raptor! It seems that even the small tower is slightly different compared to the Californian structure. I like these small plussings! 8)

RnRCj

Nice to see some of the scaffolding come down :)

*Still waiting for Hollywood Tower Hotel sign*

Imagineer

Quote from: "RnRCj"*Still waiting for Hollywood Tower Hotel sign*
I think it will be the very last thing...

Maarten

Me too! I read somewhere that the "Hollywood Tower" neons are somewhere backstage and ready to be installed. Hopefully we will get an electrifying event like they did in Disney's California Adventure a few months before the actual opening.  8)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Imagineer"
I think it will be the very last thing...

Yeah, I suppose it will. They left the big picture of Crush on Crush's Coaster till last :lol: