The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

No, i dont think it will. Some where in this topic there is a quote about the differences between the orlando and paris version.

MinnieMouse

I heard, it is the California Disneyland Version, not Orlando - without the 5th Dimension Room.

Alexandra

bikemonkey

there's a ride video of the California version on youtube.  To be honest I prefer the version where it leaves the shaft but apparently this is much more expensive and loading times aren't as quick.

Shame.

It still looks like an amazing ride though

CafeFantasia

Yeah. Good point. The Paris Tower of Terror is already finished, it's done, it just happens to be half way round the World in California. So go watch this video on YouTube if you want to experience it today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1J_c1EkKzQ

Owain

Quote from: "Alan"Yeah. Good point. The Paris Tower of Terror is already finished, it's done, it just happens to be half way round the World in California. So go watch this video on YouTube if you want to experience it today:

Huhhhh ?  :?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Alan"Yeah. Good point. The Paris Tower of Terror is already finished, it's done, it just happens to be half way round the World in California. So go watch this video on YouTube if you want to experience it today:

Huhhhh ?  :?

The reason Alan says the Paris tower is finished but in California is because the tower in DCA and Paris are pretty much exactly the same but the Paris one was suppose to be built first.  Walt Disney Studios was suppose to have the Tower of Terror finished by 2004 but low attendance at DCA ment that the Paris tower's plans were move to California so it would boost up attendance.

Hope this helps Owain  :) .
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

garydaddy1

Since I live 15 minutes from Disney World in Orlando, I have been to MGM many times primarily to ride TOT and Rock-N-Roller Coaster. I love both rides and must admit I really enjoy the Orlando version of TOT. It is exciting leaving one elevator shaft, drifting slowly across the room and then reconnecting to a different shaft to finish the ride. But I'm sure the versions without this feature do get more people through the ride as it would take less time to complete. Higher throughput equates to higher guest satisfaction. That's the name of the game, I guess. Hopefully, TOT in Paris will increase attendance as I think it did in CA.   Gary

Kristof

Photos from past weekend!

More photos here

Owain

tubbsy

Oooh! The blokey (concierge?) at the top looks really freaky!

Brilliant  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Crush_Love

i can not wait until it is open :!:
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Anthony

Quote from: "tubbsy"Oooh! The blokey (concierge?)
Bellhop. :wink:

This looks set to be a great advertising campaign.  What's really important is that they're advertising it as much for its wonderful theme as for the thrill aspect - it's not all "This is the world's scariest ride!!", SM:M2 style, but really setting the scene for the hotel.

As for construction, I keep forgetting just how much it has progressed recently, it does it so "quietly"... :shock:

tubbsy

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "tubbsy"Oooh! The blokey (concierge?)
Bellhop. :wink:

Thanks Baloo, I was having a moment (one of many!) :D

Its looking so impressive. I cant believe its not going to be ready earlier. Cars and Crush seemed to move so slowly in comparison (Although I'm sure theres loads of work to be done inside-we can't see any of that.....yet :wink: )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Owain

RnRCj

Yay! More details! :D