The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clashstyles

I saw that advert too :) the first and only one, they need to get more tv adverts!!! :D
love the first pic of the tower looks awesome and creepy :)

-breeno-

Has anyone seen the new MTV ToT advert?  I just seen, looks good but uses Florida's tower at the start.  The advert is about a competition to make your own ToT advert and the winner could be actually shown on MTV i think :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Quote from: "-breeno-"Has anyone seen the new MTV ToT advert?  I just seen, looks good but uses Florida's tower at the start.  The advert is about a competition to make your own ToT advert and the winner could be actually shown on MTV i think :D

I haven't seen the TV advert, but I have seen it on the ToT website. I considered making my own but I don't quite understand the rules. :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"I considered making my own but I don't quite understand the rules. :lol:
It is a bit confusing isn't it?

The BrandRepublic marketing website posted some interesting details about ToT promotions in the UK:

QuoteIn a later stage of the campaign, timed to coincide with the opening of the attraction on April 5, Disney has booked a special installation at the Centrepoint billboard in London.

For four weeks from April 7, the billboard will be dressed to appear like the Hollywood Tower Hotel featured in the ride. An integral screen will show the distorted pictures of people previously generated by the website.

The billboard will be supported a nationwide campaign of six-sheet posters and interactive posters in ten key locations around London.

According to Federico Gonzalez, senior vice-president of marketing for Disneyland Resort Paris, the campaign is designed to appeal to 13- to 15-year-olds through media platforms they engage with.
    Gonzalez said: "We are delighted to develop a marketing campaign to attract new, older children to Disneyland Resort Paris. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a white-knuckle ride and we wanted to create a fast-paced, fun marketing campaign to reflect this."
Source

-b-e-n-9-5-

I cant wait till i go now!

Does anyone know if they have a exit for all the people who freak out at the last minute  :roll:
Where Magic Lives

SparrowsGirl

I have yet to ride this myself, but i will in a fortnight  :D/
anyway i do believe there is a chicken door/exit as there is in most of the thrill rides

a.newton

When the "non chickens" go through the door and then into the lift, the scared members of the group can simply go down the exit stairs/passage into the shop and wait for the brave there!

If you get a bit twitchy before the doors open to allow access to the lift, the CM can let you through a side door that they use themelves, and you can leave as above.

Just do it, it is GREAT! :D/

Soap

Ah well.....we can't all be hero's, can we ;)
I'm still doubting, just not a thrill ride hero.... :| but loving the whole scenery...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Remco K.

To continue on the MTV ToT advert, there's a part on the UK version of the ToT website (direct link: //http://www.disneytowerofterror.com/#/en/uk/cinema/) where you can upload a selfmade TV or radio ad. Everyone will be able to vote and a winner will be picked and get to make this ad together with a team of professionals.

The ad will be broadcasted in the UK as of April 5th.

Sounds like a cool campaign to me! I hope they will do the same thing in other countries as well, but I doubt it.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Soap"Ah well.....we can't all be hero's, can we ;)
I'm still doubting, just not a thrill ride hero.... :| but loving the whole scenery...

I think you should still deffently go on ToT soap evenif your not big on thrills.  I'm not massively big on them myself ( :oops: ) but i will be going on ToT no doubt about that.  If you just try it you could love it, that's what happened to me when i first went on the first Space Mountain, wasn't a big fan on thrill rides but after i went on it, i loved it!  Shame it was the last day we were at DLRP and the next year we went it was closed for a refub and the next year mission 2 came :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Soap

It's just not my cup of tea  :oops:

Somewhere along my youth i experienced "something" with a rollarcoaster and since then it just doesn't give me a good feeling.
I'm not crazy on small spaces, being locked up, loosing control and getting that "under belly" feeling. I know, it's just that what most people do like, but for me it's not worth that 90 secs of feeling.
I've been to dlrp over 50 times, but never ride on of them coasters  :P
For me the max is Star Tours and that one i also don't always enjoy when riding ;)

So i will wait and see. Visiting the parc in april so maybe....when havinf a crazy day  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Quote"under belly" feeling

You don't really get that in Tower of Terror compared to Rock 'n' Roller coaster and Space Mountain.

a.newton

I understand your hesitation, especially if you had a bad experience in the past! If it helps, I think that you would not find the lift too claustrophobic, it is quite big and airy.

My youngest daughter would not ride any of the looping coasters until she was ten, then she grudgingly decided to try Indy, and that was it, you can't keep her off any of them now. My husband isn't keen either, occasionally he'll ride Indy, but not SM or Rock 'n' Roller, but he LOVES ToT!

As for me, I love it too but the first time I went on was in January, it was the morning after we arrived and I was nursing a migraine which had come on in the night; I didn't have breakfast and thought I wasn't going to make it into the park. Later I felt well enough to go in and the family all wanted to ride ToT and despite being very worried I'd bring my headache back to full power or would feel sick, I just had to do it! Even though I didn't feel that well in myself, going on it did not make me feel bad at all and we did it again straight away!

I'd say, even if you're not keen on the looping coasters, try it just once, it's only a minute or two on it and I don't think it will make you feel ill unless you are extremely delicate! It could be you don't like it and won't do it again, but for the sake of a couple of minutes, it could open up a whole new aspect of thrill rides to you, like my daughters ride on Indy did for her, you never know.

You scream with fright (not fear) and giggle like a kid, it really might be worth a try! At least walk through with your family/friends because the themeing is very good. It's not a bad thing to step out of our comfort zones and face our fears sometimes!

Rik

Hi,

I just got back from a 5 days holiday in Disneyland and I made some pictures of the tower. Is it worth posting them? Most are outside pictures from different angles, but I made 2 pictures from a large (I think it was a) wallpainting inside the gift shop.

I think this is the best ride, not just the ride itself but the music and the theme of the ride.  :D/ I like the 30's style.  :D

Rik

Remco K.

New Tower of Terror pictures were released by the marketing department of Disneyland Resort Paris. A few of them were posted on the Disney and More blog.

I really like the athmosphere of this pics!