The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Quote from: "-breeno-"
Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Sly_Racoon"I was in the Studios the 22nd and 23rd, the longest queue time i saw displayed for TOT was 40 minutes. So not that bad.

Not bad at all! :shock: 8) Especially compared to the 3 hour+ queues that Crush got when it opened :lol:

I'd say the fastpass has helped the queue line alot, just wondering is the fastpass open yet and what does the queue line look for it?

I would not put it down to fastpass, just simply that the ride can handle a larger capacity of people than crush, meaning it's quicker to ride :wink: .

Anthony

Thank you for posting your pictures kaysha!

I'm impressed they gave the Tower a nice little ceremony despite the official stuff being held off until April.

Funny to see a Main Street Vehicle in WDS too... Very 1950s! :lol: Hmm, hopefully someone at Imagineering had the lightbulb above their head at that point and will push to get some classic '50s vehicles for WDS all of its own...

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Thank you for posting your pictures kaysha!

I'm impressed they gave the Tower a nice little ceremony despite the official stuff being held off until April.

I am more curious if they're going to have a more formal ceremony on January 2nd... considering that this day is the official opening of the Tower...

casschr05

Yeah, the weekend was one of the most busy I have seen the park but queueing for the ToT wasn't so bad (around 50 minutes) and the fastpasses were going slowly.

Masamune

:D Thanks for the reassurance guys. I'm sure I'll be able to manage the one at WDW in April, then I'll try the DLRP one whenever we next go there.

:o And wow, that opening ceremony looks great!

RnRCj

OscarPalme on Youtube has uuploaded 6 new Tower Of Terror adverts:

//http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=OscarPalme

I love the 4th one! :lol:

mehdi5

Cool ads :D  I especially like the 4th and 1st one :D

Reiana

These ads are great =D> . Too bad that we probably won't see them in Germany  :(

smurfy74

why wont you see them Germany ( i guesses these were for the UK ), does the park not get advertised at all????

Reiana

No DLRP commercials on TV or other kind of advertising anywere in Germany during the last few years  :(
And because of the german "Law for the protection of children and youth", I think german TV stations would rate this ads as to brutal.
So, I don't think we have a chance to see them here in Germany.

The Butlin Boy

:lol: Ha ha, those adverts are fantastic, I really hope they play all of them on TV over here, and all over Europe as well :P

Anthony

Brilliant commercials! They're actually... funny. :o  You can tell they were made for DL California.

Does anyone know if they were cut together with the DLRP logos by DLRP or by a fan? It would be truly amazing to see a clever and interesting campaign like that on TV here. People always respond(ed) so well when Alton did similar stuff ("Don't Look Down" for Oblivion...) If nothing appears after New Year we'll be kept waiting to see until April. And if there's still nothing then... that'll be disappointing.  We've still got an official ToT website to look out for too.

For their current online banners at least they're sticking with Kids Under 12 Free.

MadHatter

Haha, love these adds! :D

Btw, note that the shown waiting time is only until you enter the library, once after that you'll still have to wait for abit..Although it's only about 10-15min. ;). I havn't seen it above 30 min. the past 2 days, and 1 shaft didn't even seem to be used.

Anthony

Here is the opening ceremony in video (including the cool effects inside Disney Studio 1), by concombre2k7:

[dailymotion:13fhlcgd]x3uoqz[/dailymotion:13fhlcgd]

Roland Kleve has certainly had quite a promotion according to the announcer... :lol: And Wendy messes her lines up again. Great ceremony though, Roland seems to have a lot of passion for the park. I guess you would, reaching opening day after 3 years of solid work.

The Butlin Boy

That's a great video, everything including the lighting in Studio 1 looks fantastic, I only wish I were there too :wink:

This is probably classed as a bit of imagineering forum material, but imagine what a great show they could do if they had their own 'old' cars, they could do a boulevard version of ''Good Morning WDS' every morning with the cars and themed characters going along to that type of music, it'd be fantastic :D