The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurgly_bird

wow it looks incredible, i've not been on a tower of terror before so i'm really excited, even more so now!

x x x

Japper

Quote from: "RnRCj"My only concern was that it seemed really quiet during the drop sequence :? I don't know whether it was because there were only a few people in the elevator, but it seemed like there was some soundtrack missing.
Yeah, I noticed that as well, I hope they do sort that out if it is a problem, but I assume they will :wink:

I agree. At some dark points it's just totally quiet.

But the sound effects when those doors open on the top are really cool. Also , the french is kinda spooky! It just works really good.

Maarten

Thanks for the link! Its really appreciated (at least by me haha)!

A few things that seem different compared to the Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure:

-During the last few seconds of the Mirror Scene they is something green in the mirror.. I can't really see what it is, but its definattely not featured in Anaheim. It seems like Shiriki Utundu from Tokyo DisneySea's version influenced our Tower aswell?  :wink:
-The people in the Hallway Scene seem to be more green then their Californian counterparts.
-Although the French voice sounds quite spooky, I can't really say he sounds much like Rod Serling.

By the way, as far as I can judge from this vid, the soundtrack in the elevator is exactly the same as in California, but I might be wrong ofcourse.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Maarten"-During the last few seconds of the Mirror Scene they is something green in the mirror..
-The people in the Hallway Scene seem to be more green then their Californian counterparts.

Our tower does seem to have a "green" theme doesn't it? :lol: On the Califonia version it's blue and on the Florida version it's red.... Or maybe it's just me :P

Kristof

QuoteI can't really say he sounds much like Rod Serling.

He's not supposed to sound like him.  He sounds like the French voice-over of the old shows.  :)

PS to all:  Be careful with spoilers here guys!  Some people might want to wait to find out everything themselves.  :D

ightenhill

All this excitement calls for a new Avatar :D
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Riebi

Wonderful Bvd., Wonderful Tower and wonderful ride.  :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

I posted the on-ride video on another forum, and someone who has ridden the California TOT said this one looks better :D They thought the painting and the lighting was better :lol:

I'm soooo excited! I might have to go and ride it soon :P

experiment627

The OFFICIAL opening day is now going to be January 2nd.

(Note that the "Tower" should have its "soft-opening" starting on December 22nd... but don't expect anybody at Disney to confirm that.)

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the info Experiment627, this is great news :)

Kristof

Quote from: "experiment627"The OFFICIAL opening day is now going to be January 2nd.

(Note that the "Tower" should have its "soft-opening" starting on December 22nd... but don't expect anybody at Disney to confirm that.)

And to complete to Experiment's information: the official launch (as in press event, ceremony, etc.) will be in March 2008 to give the start of the Celebration Continues a push in the back.

miss disney fan

i over heard a man from disney saying the offical opening may be put back to april 2008 when i was in the castle club lounge of the disneyland hotel last week, he was giving an interview to about 3 english newspapers at afternoon tea and boy they were not easy going at aksing the questions  :roll:

Kristof

Quote from: "miss disney fan"i over heard a man from disney saying the offical opening may be put back to april 2008 when i was in the castle club lounge of the disneyland hotel last week, he was giving an interview to about 3 english newspapers at afternoon tea and boy they were not easy going at aksing the questions  :roll:

That's what I just said!  The official opening for guests will be in January, the launch or opening for the press will be in March or the first weekend of April.  :D

Bopshop

Quote from: "experiment627"The OFFICIAL opening day is now going to be January 2nd.

Hmmm....interesting!  We leave on 2 Jan - I guess I know what I'll be doing before we leave the resort! Does anyone know if there are any AP previews?

mehdi5

QuoteHmmm....interesting!  We leave on 2 Jan - I guess I know what I'll be doing before we leave the resort! Does anyone know if there are any AP previews?
The AP previews will be on December 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th.