The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quotehope these do appear they will just soften the edges

They won't, as said before.

loaloa

Hello, there is a special "Tower of terror behind the scenes" article on disney and more with six different videos showing behind the scenes or imagineers interviews as well as on-ride videos.
WARNING on the two last videos of the article that show the pre show movie and the ride itself, if you want to keep the surprise of the ride, avoid to watch the two last one
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ehind.html

-breeno-

Great article loaloa :D   But i didn't watch the last two videos because i want to be surprised about ToT :D, i've never been on any ToT before and i can't wait until its open, i'm that excited that every time i'm in a lift, i always talk about ToT :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Quote from: "-breeno-"i'm that excited that every time i'm in a lift, i always talk about ToT :lol:

I'm thinking about it all the time :lol: Sometimes I can't even concentrate on my schoolwork because I'm thinking about TOT :P

29 days to go! :D

Philharmagic

Hey everyone,

I'm going to do an interview with Imagineer/Show Writer Laurent Cayuela about Hollywood Boulevard and the Tower of Terror.
If you have questions I may forward to him, feel free to send me a Private Message!
Cheers

Philharmagic

Maarten

Wow, the Hollywood Tower Hotel and its gardens look awesome. Way better then the Californian version in my opinion, although we miss some exotic palmtrees. On the other hand, the plants and trees without leeves look quite spooky aswell during winter, so thats makes up for it I guess. I think that the Hollywood Tower Hotel will be the true star of the Walt Disney Studios, even since its closed for almost 7 decades.  :wink:

Kristof

Woohooohooooooooo!!!!

ightenhill

Excellent.. This image fills me with confidence for the studios...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

RnRCj

Absolutely brilliant! :D  It seems to have such a great atmosphere at night.

Anthony

Incredible, it's a different park!

Any word on the music yet? I'm guessing they'll copy loops from D-MGM, so they've got 3 to choose from: the glossy and laid-back Hollywood Boulevard loop, the more jazzy and slightly ghostly Sunset Boulevard loop or the completely haunting Tower of Terror loop. I'm guessing the ToT queue will have that final loop anyway, but will they continue it through the area or use one of the others? Hmmm...

The Butlin Boy

:o Stunning, this can't be our Studios park, can it? :wink:
The atmosphere in that photos just blows me away, the old Studios has left, here comes the on we've all been waiting for.
Quote from: "Baloo"Any word on the music yet? I'm guessing they'll copy loops from D-MGM, so they've got 3 to choose from: the glossy and laid-back Hollywood Boulevard loop, the more jazzy and slightly ghostly Sunset Boulevard loop or the completely haunting Tower of Terror loop. I'm guessing the ToT queue will have that final loop anyway, but will they continue it through the area or use one of the others? Hmmm...
I would have thought that they'd use the TOT music for the queue as you said Baloo, but I doubt that they'll use it for the rest of the boulevard as it isn't meant to be scary, they'll probably use it outside the TOT entrance though, but this is just my opinion :roll:

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Baloo"Any word on the music yet? I'm guessing they'll copy loops from D-MGM, so they've got 3 to choose from: the glossy and laid-back Hollywood Boulevard loop, the more jazzy and slightly ghostly Sunset Boulevard loop or the completely haunting Tower of Terror loop. I'm guessing the ToT queue will have that final loop anyway, but will they continue it through the area or use one of the others? Hmmm...
I would have thought that they'd use the TOT music for the queue as you said Baloo, but I doubt that they'll use it for the rest of the boulevard as it isn't meant to be scary, they'll probably use it outside the TOT entrance though, but this is just my opinion :roll:

It would be a shame if they wouldn't use an appropriate area loop for Hollywood Boulevard. In my opinion the area loop of Production Courtyard always seemed out of place because its too modern and hasn't got a clear theme (just like Production Courtyard itself). I think it would be nice if they will use the Sunset Boulevard loop from Disney-MGM for our Hollywood Boulevard (Glenn Miller, big band, jazz etc) and the Hollywood Boulevard loop from Disney-MGM for Place des Stars near Cinemagique to celebrate the older movies from Hollywood. In the meantime Backlot will celebrate the newer and actionpacked blockbusters in its area loop. That way it will make more sense in my book.  :)

RnRCj

HUGE SPOILER!

The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror (At Walt Disney Studios in Paris!) on-ride video!

//http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Towers%20of%20Terror%20/video/x3kwrv_tower-of-terror-avant-premiere_events

Oh.... My.... Gosh! :D  :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D  :shock:

I think it looks incredible!

I actually really like the French narration - It makes it sound much spookier in my opinion.

My only concern was that it seemed really quiet during the drop sequence :? I don't know whether it was because there were only a few people in the elevator, but it seemed like there was some soundtrack missing.

But still, I am amazed, and I can't wait to ride this now :D

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"HUGE SPOILER!
That's pretty much as big as it gets :wink:

Quote from: "RnRCj"I actually really like the French narration - It makes it sound much spookier in my opinion.
Completely agree with you, it kind of makes the atmosphere a bit more spookier :D

Quote from: "RnRCj"My only concern was that it seemed really quiet during the drop sequence :? I don't know whether it was because there were only a few people in the elevator, but it seemed like there was some soundtrack missing.
Yeah, I noticed that as well, I hope they do sort that out if it is a problem, but I assume they will :wink:

Also, the view you see from it looks stunning, maybe it's because it is at night and it's all lit up, but WOW! :o

The only problem is that I'm really jealous that people have been on it already and that I have to wait :roll:

Japper

What a view!!!! Is it also this beautiful at DCA and MGM?