Trip Report - 15th-19th July

Started by -breeno-, July 20, 2007, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Hi everyone,

I've just came back from my visit to DLRP last night so here's a trip report of that visit.

Sunday

My flight to Paris was at 3:20pm Ireland time but we had to leave to the airport at 11:00am because we live 80 miles from the airport.  When the flight had taken off we were running late so we didn't land in Paris until 6:15pm France time.  Luckily the VEA coach was at the stop outside arrivals when we came out of the airport.  When we got through check-in and put are luggage in the room it was too late to have anything to eat in the parks with the half board (it turns out we had the £13 one where i thought it was the £17 one) so we booked to eat in Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge (where we stayed) but because we could only book a late time we didn't have time go to the parks.

Monday

Monday was the day where i read on the internet that it would rain.  Breakfast was at 8:00am, got up at 7:00am to get ready and went to breakfast, by this stage it was wet outside but clear and hot.  After breakfast we went straight to the Disneyland Park, being that we were staying at Sequoia Lodge we had Extra Magic Hours so we got in att 8:30am but was hanging around Main Street and Fantasyland for 1 1/2 hours waiting for the other lands to open.  Between 10:00am - 1:00pm it was very hot when we were in Frontierland on are way to Toad Hall it started rainning heavy, the rest of the day the rain was always starting then stoping.

Tuesday

On Tuesday we had breakfast in Fantasyland at 8:15am, after that we went straight to Walt Disney Studios Park to got on Crush's Coaster.  In the Studios we waited for 30 minutes in Studio 1 waiting for the rest of the park open.  We were near to front of the  in Studio 1 but when the doors opened for the Studios people were running to get to Crush.  As for Crush itself it was great, i only had to queue for just 20 minutes and i was sitting in the front part of the car.  I didn't do much else in the Studios (just went on the Tram Tour, taken some pics of the ToT and looked through the shops) so we just stayed in Disneyland Park.  When we were going back to the hotel through the Disney Village we were stopped by a rep from Marriott's (i don't know if anyone had seen them before but they're in a hunt thing beside Planet Hollywood and beside Hotel New York). They asked us to visit what we thought was a new Hotel and sayed if we went and stayed for the 90 minutes talk the the next day at 1:45pm we would get 80 Euro Disney Vouchers.

Wednesday

On Wednesday we had breakfast in the hotel at 8:15am and then went to the Disneyland Park, we stayed in the Disneyland Park until we had to go to the Marriott's thing.  They picked us up in a black people carrier and when we arrived we soon discovered that it was not a hotel but a time share.  We spent 3 hours talking about the place and looking about where it was suppose to be 90 minutes but we did get the 80 Euro Disney Vouchers.

Thursday

On Thursday which was the last day on the visit we had breakfast in the hotel, finished our packing and went to the parks.  On the way to the park we went on Panoramagique and got some good photos from it.  We had to leave for the airport at around 4:00pm and luckily the coach to the airport was waiting when we got our luggage back.  The flight was at 8:20pm so we had to wait so by the time we had checked-in we still had to wait about two hours in the departure lounge.  By the time we land home and drove the 80 miles back it was around 11:00pm Ireland time.

I've got some photos from the visit and i'll try to put them on.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Soap

Sounds like a great visite Breeno. Always makes me jealous to read someone else his trip report  :oops:  Want to go myself  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

RnRCj

Glad you had a good time! :D

But why didn't you ride Rock n Roller Coaster?!?! :evil:

Just kidding :P

-breeno-

Here's some the pics from the visit to DLRP.

Tower of Terror

First look at the tower from the VEA coach

Shot with i533 at 2007-07-21

From hotel Sequoia Lodge

From outside the Studios

From inside the Studios

Close up

View from hotel room

Castle

From Fort Comstock

Indiana Jones

Discoveryland

Panora Magique

Sorry if they are too big and mess up the layout, i'll take them off if they do.
- Walt Disney

miss disney fan

love your pics, my fav was the 1st photo of the castle, whats happening on the water outside hotel new york?

Disneyana

Very nice pics. The castle shots are very nice and you did Panoramagique. I will do it too on my next trip and I'm very nervous, because it will be for the first time.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

-breeno-

@miss disney fan - Thanks for the reply. It not water its a kiddie go-kart track but i also thought it looked like water.

@Disneyana - Thanks for the reply. You should go on Panoramagique but if you bring your camera you should on twice, once with the camera, the other without it, you'll see far more without the camera.
- Walt Disney