Laughing Place Magazine

Started by experiment627, August 23, 2008, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Just spent the last 2 hours devouring the latest "Tales from the Laughing Place" (which *finally* was in my mail box this morning), the magazine from the folks behind laughingplace.com.

Their latest issue (#12) features great stories about the origins and development of Animal Kingdom, the creation of Toy Story Mania and Tokyo's 25th anniversary parade and a wonderful interview with the imagineers behind Hong Kong's Small World attraction.

Big Thumps Up! (Okay, the part about Paris' Tower was like a quick afterthought and I would have wished to read more about that... but hey, this is not really a strong criticism considering that the issue was that good...)

I can really recommend the magazine to everyone who's interested in the creation of Disney's parks....!

Clarebelle

where do you subscribe?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

experiment627

Quote from: "Clarebelle"where do you subscribe?

//http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace.com/

markmc1187

Hi experiment627

Have you been a subscriber for long? I was looking at the back issues and the creation of EuroDisneyland with Tony Baxter and Tom Morris sounds amazing (I think it is Issue 10). I'd just like someone else's opinion before I commit to buy!

Cheers,

Mark
London

davewasbaloo

i've been a subscriber since the beginning, and it keeps getting better. Any Disney fan should really subscribe!
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Quote from: "markmc1187"Have you been a subscriber for long? I was looking at the back issues and the creation of EuroDisneyland with Tony Baxter and Tom Morris sounds amazing (I think it is Issue 10). I'd just like someone else's opinion before I commit to buy!
That issue in particular is a must-have for Paris fans. Brilliant interview. :)

experiment627

Quote from: "markmc1187"Hi experiment627

Have you been a subscriber for long? I was looking at the back issues and the creation of EuroDisneyland with Tony Baxter and Tom Morris sounds amazing (I think it is Issue 10). I'd just like someone else's opinion before I commit to buy!

Hey Mark,

I subscribed to LP Magazine in March and only received the last two issues (with brilliant stuff about Epcot and Animal Kingdom)... didn't get around to ordering the DLP-issue (yet).

ford prefect

I have just found this offer:

http://www.magazine-stand.co.uk/magazin ... y-magazine

Has anyone ever heard of this company, it does seem a very good price. 8 issues for £48.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!