River Rogue Keelboats returning

Started by Kristof, June 14, 2007, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Exciting news comes from La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza:

The keelboats are returning by the end of this month or early July!  Problem this time wasn't budget cuts, but a change of rules by the goverment.  It turned out that the CM's needed to have a licence for operating a boat.  DLRP got exclusive permission by the regulators for training them on property.

I saw a crew getting trained with a regular boat on Lake Disney last week, which explains the above.

Wow, amazing huh!  I'm so excited, I've never been on the Keelboats...

:D

For the newbies who don't know what the River Rogue Keelboats are, here's a link to the Photos Magiques album.

Edit: Decided to split the topic from the original one (which can be found here).

tubbsy

Thats brilliant :D

Is it going to be seasonal though? I'd love to go on them in October.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Masamune

:D How lovely!

:) Has anyone on the forum actually been on them? If so, tell us about it!

Anthony

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!  Though I might still need to wait until I see them with my own eyes carrying guests to believe it...

This is some of the best news we've had in months!  It's the final encore of Karl Holz' turnaround of the resort - every month, every week DLRP is getting better and better these days.  Seriously, can we say he's the best CEO the resort has ever had now?  He certainly has an amazing team around him, wanting to do things like this.

Reopening an attraction that costs a lot to run and doesn't even have a very high capacity, simply for guest satisfaction... is this still Disney? :P

It might also say something about their attendance this Summer - do they need more capacity at Disneyland Park now?  Interesting...

kurgly_bird

i've been on them ! but i was only about 8 so i don't remember it too well. it was nice, i remember them being very low in the water and quite quick, good way to escape the summer bustle  :D

x x x

smurfy74

i will be keeping my fingers crossed that they will be open for our september visit :roll:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Masamune":D How lovely!

:) Has anyone on the forum actually been on them? If so, tell us about it!

I rode them a number of times through the 90's, last time being 1999. They were slow loading, and had small numbers of guests, but they were cool because the spiel was given by the cast members rather than a recording.  They travelled between the islands including the rapids (that could be even better felt in the canoes) and through the rock arch.  The journey could be really dull or a lot of fun.  It was always down to the cast members and the guests on board.  But that's what made it cool.

I used to ride them all the time in US parks too, where it really was like a western version of the jungle cruise.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nicholas-c

awesome, i read about these on dlrpmagic, where do u go in the boats, it will be ace :D
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Masamune

:P They sound good. :o I don't think they'll be open for next week though if they're talking late June/early July. I'll have to wait till our next DLRP trip in 2009!

davewasbaloo

We leave DLP on the 29th, so there may be a small chance we can try them again.
since 2001 (many before that)

britincgn

They were always great fun and a fantastic place just to relax if you are tired.It will  be a great addition as for so many it will be a new attraction.
Acctually the same as with the canoos but then again I always sat at the back and let the others paddle :oops:

Soap

Never been one i think, but a really great re-opening by Disney  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Training on the Rivers of the Far West has started!

Anthony

*screams* :o :o

Life has returned to the Rivers of the Far West!!!

Thanks raptor! :D

RnRCj

I've never ridden these either (I've never seen them before at the park), but they do look really good and I hope I get to ride them some day! :lol: