ride closing times

Started by miss disney fan, June 07, 2007, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss disney fan

just outta of interest, if the closing time of the park is say 8pm, what time do they stop you from going on the rides, i went to drayton manor last year and stayed till the very end but about an hour before closing time they werent letting any more people in the line, only the people already there, we have never stayed right till the end at dlrp, alway gone back to the hotel or the village

Kristof

They allow you in until the closing announcement is played over the park speakers.

miss disney fan

but still let the people in the wait line to carry on for that ride?

Anonymous

Whenever I've been I've still been going on rides up until about the last half hour of closing time. When it starts to get to about half an hour to go though, if I'm at the far end of the Park, I tend to start making my way back up towards Main Street. Noticed alot of restaurants and food area's starting to close up in the last half hour or hour though.

miss disney fan

i have only been at christmas times so we tend to watch the  Fantillusion parade by main street station and then afterwards make are way out instead of going back in for the rides

kurgly_bird

i've actually been on big thunder mountain when the closing message was played lol, so i wouldn't worry.

x x x

Nicholas-c

if your in the que then u will get on after close

my sister works at alton towers and the last train they send round the keep it going for like 10 laps whilst she does paper work
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

miss disney fan

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"if your in the que then u will get on after close

my sister works at alton towers and the last train they send round the keep it going for like 10 laps whilst she does paper work

which ride does she work on, i live about 10 miles from the towers so i no alot of people up there

Nicholas-c

she works on run away mine train (and sometimes log flume)

back onto topic :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

giorgio1712

I've been on SM literally a minute before closing then legged it to main street to catch up with the parents!! You cant beat SM at nigh time, if you can stretch your neck to the side and look out over the park as you shoot up lol!!

Masamune

:) I agree, it's about 30 minutes before the Park closes. :o Also, I think it depends what ride you're trying to get on. We tried to get in the Tea Cups  que just as the closing message was playing but the Cast Member there wouldn't let us. But then when we headed towards It's a Small World on our way out, the Cast Member there was waving people into the que! We just managed to get on It's a Small World before they roped off the que, and that was around 15 minutes before the park closed. :P Some Cast Members are more generous than others.

miss disney fan

it will be intersering to find out, as i said as soon as the parade was done we made our way out, but this time i'm planning to video the parades and show and the 1st 2 days and then make the most of the park the other days (but when do plans work in dlrp)  :P

Angela

I almost never make a plan.. only this time.. just because I want to see that little Pooh bear on stage..
but well... I have seen the 3D movie once (years ago already) after the final parade.. we got out like 23.45 and the park was still open.. but not the rides.. they were trying to get rid of the geusts I think.. but when we walked across the movie the castmember said we would fit in so we went to see it that time.. :)

miss disney fan

we always plan where we are going to eat, my mum has IBS and she cant eat alot of junk food (mores the pity) but every thing else gos with the flow, but this time i dont want to watch the parades then remenber i have got the video camera back in the hotel, i think i'll have to glue it round my neck so i have it with me always  :P

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"They allow you in until the closing announcement is played over the park speakers.
Listen to raptor people!  It's officially the minute that the park is due to close when they close the queue lines, not 30mins before or anything.  Anyone in line at this point will be allowed on the ride.

I suppose it might be different in some circumstances, such as before the Halloween Soirée.