Halloween in the parks.

Started by thatgirlkatie, July 22, 2019, 12:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatgirlkatie

Hi! I bought an annual pass earlier in the year and we're looking to go back in mid October for the Halloween celebrations. Just wanted people experiences if they enjoyed it or not and if it's worth taking a trip over for a couple of days. We caught the marvel events and the toy story play days and really enjoyed them.
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

never2old

Oh that's a very easy YES!

And if you can go mid week in October... well, perfection. Its nice and quiet (weekends and of course the last week with all the holidays are very very busy!)

For one the weather is usually really nice, not too hot, not cold, sunny blue skies... Then you have the autumn colors everywhere, particularly Frontierland... It's gorgeous!!

Then of course the Halloween decorations and shows!! I admit I haven't really checked what's happening this year, usually they decorate Main Street and Frontierland, ghosts and pumpkins all around, including the Dia de Muertos skeletons and alebrijes in Frontierland. And when it gets dark and all the lights go on... really beautiful.

I love the halloween parade, it's one of the best, and last year's new additon of the phantom manor float is really excellent.

Characters wise there are a few villains around, plus some cool costumes for MIckey and his friends.

So yes, definitely worth checking out!!

Slimy yet satisfying

1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.