magic pass and dining plan

Started by mrexetercity, May 03, 2019, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrexetercity

Hi
We have booked a holiday with dlp for the 27th May till 31st May.
We have purchased full board premium dining.
I know it's all digital now and not vouchers but when we have come before we were able to use our vouchers how we liked during our stay.
So say if one night we pay for our meal we would use that voucher on the day we left instead.
Are we still able to do this as we have been told on Facebook that once you check out your cards get wiped and any vouchers left are gone. Is this correct?
We've paid a lot of money for our meal plan and would hate to lose a voucher.

Many thanks

Victoria

claire2281

I can't see how that's the case since you don't actually have to 'check out'. You can just leave - there's nothing to hand back and your magic pass still has to work as its your entrance to the park. To change something in the card based upon when you've checked out they'd have to swipe the card and re-write the data on it but since I've never had to check out this doesn't happen!

I'm sure just like the park ticket the meal vouchers on the card are stored with a date meaning they become invalid after the dates of your stay.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

norhel

Quote from: claire2281 on May 04, 2019, 09:04:18 AM
I'm sure just like the park ticket the meal vouchers on the card are stored with a date meaning they become invalid after the dates of your stay.

I don't know exactly, but in other parks, hotels, cruise ships etc, only a serial number is stored at the card itself, not the actual ticket, voucher etc, That card number in turn look up your "account" in the backend system. I suspect that DLP does it the same way,

But I agree that the system/card anyhow cancel any remaing vouchers etc after a certain date/time.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Mollaka

that's correct - it is all tied to the room folio which is closed when you check out.

My badges of honor: 2014/06 - DL | 2015 Sep, 2019 May - DLP | 2018 May - WDW

Coming up: DLP: Jun, Sep, Oct | WDW: 2020 Jan

polar vixen

So how do you get into the park on your last day then?

norhel

Quote from: polar vixen on May 06, 2019, 06:22:39 PM
So how do you get into the park on your last day then?

You use your magic pass
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Zee79

But if its full board you would still have lunch on your card and this would be cancelled then would it not? Plus if card is cancelled how do you get it in the park? It can't be cancelled and still be used? We went in as normal when we checked out of the New York in October and had no issue and still had breakfast using our cards after checking out. It gets so confusing when new methods are introduced, hurts my brain 😊