20% family AP discount no longer available by post?

Started by pumpkinpilot, April 30, 2019, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkinpilot

Hi - Long-time Disney veteran/trip planner/FP runner (back in the good old days) and MagicForums newbie here!

Our family is planning a 4 day DLRP trip in June and looking to get the Discovery APs with 20% discount for living at the same UK address.

The only option on the Disney UK AP page is to call
or purchase in person (and suffer the blackouts on days 2&3). On the French AP page (with a lot of help from Google translate) the tickets can be bought online but there's no discount or option to apply it

I called Disney who said it's not possible to get this discount in advance and the only way to do so is in-person. I asked whether I could pay the full amount now and be refunded the difference after showing proof of address in park, but apparently not as tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Has anyone experienced the same issue, and found a way round it?

Grateful for any help/advice anyone has on this.
I have the greatest admiration for Disney Imagineers, except for what they did to Soarin'...

Mollaka

Disney is correct, they can't verify family relationships online, and APs cannot be refunded, so best to just do it in person at the parks.

My badges of honor: 2014/06 - DL | 2015 Sep, 2019 May - DLP | 2018 May - WDW

Coming up: DLP: Jun, Sep, Oct | WDW: 2020 Jan

pumpkinpilot

Disney used to allow postal applications which people on here posted about using before. The in-person option means we can't go into the parks for 2 of the days of our 4-day trip.
I have the greatest admiration for Disney Imagineers, except for what they did to Soarin'...