Seasons 2020

Started by Becki, April 10, 2019, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becki

Does anyone know when season for 2020 will be announced booked to go 30th March 2020 thankyou for any help

whatifmaybe

I'm going to keep track of this thread as I will be arriving on the 31st and leaving April 3rd.
Only info I found is that the Dutch brochure says that Star Wars season will probably be till March 2020, but there were no specific dates and the dates could change still. But I doubt we will be able to grab this still (a shame. I love Star Wars).

xlucylu89x

tracking too. we aren't going until September 2020 but not sure what season will be on.
Cheyenne 2005 & 2007
Newport Bay 2012 & 2017
Santa Fe 2014 & 2016

Becki

Got told today by both Disneyland and magic breaks won't know seasons until september can't decided if should bring holiday forward to feb half term when season of the force will be on or leave it for end of March and hope they put on a season.
Would love them to bring lion king festival to March next year gutted missed it this year. Would follow what they have done with marvel so fingers crossed

claire2281

Quote from: xlucylu89x on April 17, 2019, 12:55:22 PM
tracking too. we aren't going until September 2020 but not sure what season will be on.

Depends when - if it's earlier in September you'll probably catch the tail end of whatever they put on next summer. If it's the final week then you'll likely catch the change over to Halloween.

Quote from: Becki on April 18, 2019, 06:50:42 PM
Got told today by both Disneyland and magic breaks won't know seasons until september can't decided if should bring holiday forward to feb half term when season of the force will be on or leave it for end of March and hope they put on a season.
Would love them to bring lion king festival to March next year gutted missed it this year. Would follow what they have done with marvel so fingers crossed

I would expect Pirates and Princesses to be back again in a similar slot to this year so going until mid March at least. I can't see them repeating the Lion King and Jungle Festival tbh - both Marvel and Star Wars have an ongoing presence in the parks and obviously that will increase massively in the coming years and so I suspect those seasons will be permanent additions. Lion King feels more like a one off or something they do for two summer seasons before changing again. It will be interesting to see though if they put something at this time next year though since the main park is currently without a season.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Becki

Do you know if they put on anything for Easter as it will be during Easter holiday normally for either early March or June first time during an actual school holiday

Joey123

Keeping and I out too looking at going beginning of April

Anthony

Quote from: Becki on April 19, 2019, 11:51:03 PM
Do you know if they put on anything for Easter as it will be during Easter holiday normally for either early March or June first time during an actual school holiday
Nothing for Easter specifically - these days the seasonal calendar is taken over by the big character seasons.

We can probably be sure Star Wars will be back from January and Marvel from sometime in March. Pirates & Princesses is less sure - perhaps we'll find out more when the next brochure is published, usually around July to September.

I'd be surprised if The Lion King and Jungle returned too, it seems like something to just build a season around the new stage show, although it depends what else they've got planned for next summer (no new big additions seeming to be coming until 2021, although they could surprise us.)

Keep a track of this page too, I try to keep all the current season dates updated in very simple format, it can be a nightmare to find them on the official website: https://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/season-dates/

Becki

Thankyou for the info. I personally loved swing to spring which seems to have disappeared now. Will keep an eye out