Tips for Pirates and Princesses Festival

Started by MinniesTeaParty, February 22, 2019, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesTeaParty

Hello Disneyland Paris fans,
We've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times before, but we are going to the Pirates and Princesses Festival for the first time next week. My 5-year old daughter loves princesses AND pirates (and especially Mickey and Minnie) so we are looking forward to it. Any tips on how best to enjoy it?

I've been having trouble finding information about it. Since DLP redesigned their website I can't even find this week's program online to see what, where and when anything is happening.

On the flip side, I worry a little that the Star Wars stuff in the Studios might frighten my daughter (although my husband and I would enjoy it). How evident or avoidable is the Star Wars stuff? We are planning a couple of trips to the Studios for stuff she loves like the soon-to-disappear-forever Disney Jr. Live Show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We just want to enjoy ourselves.

MinniesTeaParty

Well at least I now found the current programme listings (Thanks Google), but I still would really appreciate tips from someone who has been there about how to best enjoy it.

JMB

NCC1701Q

Maybe I can help a bit....

most of the entertainment is pretty straightforward.

- The Princess Promenade follows the parade route. Just be there a bit on time and watch Elena and Sofia dance their way along the route.

- Hoist the Flag Mateys is performed about 6 times a day. Be on time at the Pirate Ship because to get a good view there's only a small area suitable. Kids get invited to the front of the line just before it starts and about a dozen are asked to volunteer and get a diploma.

- Make your choice: this is by far the biggest part of the P&P-entertainment. It starts on both sides of the parade route, alternating between Princesses and Pirates. There is a showstop at Flower Street (the little crossroad in Main Street USA next to Walt's) for the float coming from the Town Square-side and on the Castle Stage for the float coming from the It's a Small World-site. After the showstop both floats continue to Central Plaza where there is another, longer stop on the four stages on Central Plaza with a lot of singing and dancing. After that stop both floats finish the parade route.

Tips: about 15 minutes before Make your choice starts, all princesses and Mickey OR the pirates and Minnie walk from the gates at It's a Small World to the large doors next to the toilettes next to Bella Notte to prepare for the Castle Stage-show stop.  There's no time for pictures but it's a nice moment to say hi and get some high-fives.

If you're in the middle of Central Plaza you get a pretty good view of all the four stages placed there and can sing and dance along.

As for the Star Wars-stuff: if you keep clear of Production Courtyard you miss I think about 90% of all things Star Wars :) Just check the schedule when it's clear to walk to Disney Jr. Live Show.

MinniesTeaParty

Thank you very much! This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. We leave on the train this afternoon!

JMB

Sounds like you will need to watch the parade 3 or 4 times from different areas to get the full experience.  Need to plan to see this next year I think 🤔

Have a great time

NCC1701Q

Have a great time, we arrived back home yesterday after a week "in the magic"....
... looks like you're gonna have fabulous weather too!

Quote from: MinniesTeaParty on February 24, 2019, 09:06:29 AM
Thank you very much! This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. We leave on the train this afternoon!