Early February Attraction Closures?

Started by mrpiggywinkles52, January 17, 2019, 05:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpiggywinkles52

So I'm planning a trip for February half termish this year. 17th-20th. Looking at the closures on the DLP site though there are a lot of closures.

Of the ones guaranteed to be closed (Autopia, Phantom Manor, Tram Tour, Cars etc.) I don't really care about any except Phantom manor which is a shame.

But I wanted to ask about the early February-end refurbishments. The Disneyland Paris website lists the following attractions as reopening early February: Casey Jr, Thunder Mesa River Boats, Crush's Coaster, Canal Boats.

Those attractions I'd be heartbroken to miss and so I wanted to ask the folks on here if they have any idea if they'll be opened by the time I go. I figure these seem to be done every year and so you'd think they'd be open in time for February Half Term since the parks will be busier then and due to how these refurbs are done this time every year they probably have doing them down to a T and thus no delays?

Can someone tell me if I am correct in my assumption that they should be reopened in time for my trip? Thanks!

haribosmum

we've been feb half term quite a few times.  casey jr and story boats have sometimes been open sometimes not.  they are often shown as closed but I think this is due to quiet times - and as you've said half term is normally busier so we found on the busy days of our trip they were open (we just didn't know till we walked up that end).

From memory I can't remember the Thunder Mesa River Boats ever being open while I've been there in Feb - they were using the entrance area as a meet and greet one time for definite.  I think as the weather is quite often snowy/icy they don't run it in the lake.

Have you checked the daily calendar on the website for your dates or just the Enhancement calendar? We've been lucky before with things like crush showing as closed and then reopening earlier, but they do normally update the daily calendar.

Feb is my favourite time to go.  One time we were in snow boots/thermals, another year walking round in hoodies only so be prepared :-)

Actually - I've just looked at the daily park hours which shows the closures for individual days for my half term dates (16th Feb onwards) and Crush isn't mentioned!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20