NYE Before and after what's it like

Started by ilovemainstxxx, January 03, 2019, 11:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

Hi There

We have been thinking of going for years now on NYE but something always comes up
Looking at perhaps going for 2020, thinking of booking soon so something is in place and its definite

Has anyone been at this time of year ??
We are not sure whether to go a couple of days before, NYE & NYD or NYE our first night then NYD and a few days after

Anyone any idea what the crowds are like ?? Before would be better for us and if crowds not different not an issue but if crowds are less after NYE think we would prefer that...

Know its a how long is a piece of string question and no one knows how busy it will be but we went once for Christmas thinking it would be hectic on the day but Christmas eve and day were not at all busy but boxing day was rammed, so just after peoples experience really

JMB

Hi,

We've spent the last 2 NY at DLP and both were beyond busy.  In 2017 we spent 4 nights, travelling home on the 2nd Jan, this year we went for 5 days because it had been so busy the year before!!

I don't think it makes much difference when you go during that period, some of the waiting times today were longer than Monday.  Personally I prefer before NY because Christmas is just a little bit fresher in the mind.

Be prepared for busy, use Extra Magic Time, Fastpass, Lineberty and plan for long days.  We had amazing times both years and are planning to do the same next year.

This year we stayed at Davy Crockett, were up before 6.30 most mornings and back very late most nights.  Used EMT to get through some of the busier rides and Fastpass later in the day, leaving the middle of the day to wait for character meets and just wandering round the park, I'm a sucker for the 'architecture'.  I was put off paying for NY in Disneyland Park this year as there were 5 of us and £87 each was a stretch too far, so we spent the day in The Studios and stayed till close at 12.30am.  All the rides were open so there was plenty of time to see /do every attraction - and I (not so) secretly love The Studios so was like a certain Bear with honey.

We arrived home at 8.30pm last night and I went to work today knackered but will definitely do it again and again, despite the crowds.

NCC1701Q

We visited the paid party in 2017 but found the price increase a bit too steep (for a party of 4) to go this year too, so we opted for the Studios instead, like JMB.
I have found this video of the NYW-parade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1npMGhc14
For anyone who was there: was the parade really only 35 minutes long? For almost double the price, that seems to be quite a bad deal compared to last year. Did the fireworks make up for that? I'd love to read some experiences from people who were there!

JMB

Quote from: NCC1701Q on January 06, 2019, 11:11:41 AM
We visited the paid party in 2017 but found the price increase a bit too steep (for a party of 4) to go this year too, so we opted for the Studios instead, like JMB.
I have found this video of the NYW-parade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1npMGhc14
For anyone who was there: was the parade really only 35 minutes long? For almost double the price, that seems to be quite a bad deal compared to last year. Did the fireworks make up for that? I'd love to read some experiences from people who were there!

You stole my question  ;)

Watched this last night and thought it was very short.  2017 seemed considerably longer, although I do recall things getting 'stuck' for a while, which added some time.

Fireworks looked amazing, that was maybe the only disappointment with WDS in that there wasn't any fireworks, but for a free event i shouldn't complain.

ilovemainstxxx

Thanks for the replies...

Think I would like to experience it and like you said busy at all times so before probably better...

Am expecting it to be packed but with you saying you did fast pass rides at night, did the crowds ease a bit at night for the rides a bit like summer or was it busy busy all day and night and you got fast passes earlier ??
Thanks again

JMB

You'll still need to pick the Fastpasses up early.  A couple of examples, we got Fastpass for BTM at 11ish and the ride was after 5.  The longest wait was Peter Pan - we collected Fastpass, again around 11 and rode after 7. 

Remember that you can only get a Fastpass for one ride at a time so plan your days carefully, don't try to do all the popular rides in one day, unless you want to queue for a couple of them. And you aren't able to get a Fastpass until after EMT.

A little tip that worked well.  We went into WDS early but outside of EMT and headed for Ratatouille.  Fastpass wait was 30mins, queue was 10mins.  So got a Fastpass and then queued, by the time we came out we headed straight back in via Fastpass Queue.  Also worked for Hyperspace Mountain and Star Tours.

ilovemainstxxx

Thanks JMB for the info and that's a great tip

will really think about it as ould love to go and we were thinking of getting the tickets but seems may not be worth it, ah decisions decisions

Again thanks for your help