Eurostar prices no longer cheap?

Started by Tai, December 19, 2018, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai

Hi all.

I haven't posted here in quite some time but I am planning on going to Disneyland Paris again but I am not sure if I am going solo or not this time. I was looking at going with Eurostar in February but booking the hotel via Expedia but paying for the actual hotel when I get there. Has anyone else done this before? But anyway I was shocked about how much Eurostar prices are now using a indirect train as well. They've quoted £240 for two adults where a couple of years ago it was like £170 ish. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper place to buy Eurostar tickets from or is it even possible to pay for Eurostar + Hotel together but using a disoposit? I know Disneyland you can buy I can't afford their prices right now.

Thanks in Advice.

mrosstravel

There aren't any discounts on Eurostar.  It's like EasyJet and Ryanair, just one price.  What dates are you going?  Feb there is a half term so if you're travelling over that time, the price will rise.  Although a lot of the seats have already sold out.

The indirect trains are sometimes a good price.  Or maybe go via Paris.  It's pretty easy to get to Disney from Gare du Nord. 
AP Holder & UK Travel Agent based in Marne La Vallee right next to the magic!

mrosstravel

Also, Disney have stopped letting you put Eurostar on deposit.  They now require full payment along with 15% of the rest of your package.
AP Holder & UK Travel Agent based in Marne La Vallee right next to the magic!

aj2703

I agree with mrosstravel, go via Paris Gare du Nord. So much cheaper, there is also a wider selection of travelling times both their and back.

Once there you get the train which is very easy with just one stop. That stop just means you walk directly across to the opposite platform and then catch that train to Marne-la-Vallée–Chessy.

https://www.travellingwithnikki.com/2014/01/gare-du-nord-to-disneyland-paris-by-rer/