Spider-Man attraction to replace Armageddon - Avengers Campus

Started by claire2281, December 10, 2018, 05:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claire2281

No it's not a joke despite the date.  ;D

Armageddon will be closing to be replaced by a Spider-Man attraction. Rumour has it the building will be expanded to fit something larger than the current footprint allows.

They've also released some nice new promo art of the area.

My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Excellent news. And that concept art makes the whole area look really nice. Here's hoping it ends up looking like that.

As for expanding the show building, that's an interesting one. The can expand it to where the Armadillo is now - but that would only really work as a queue area. (Plus it encroaches on the Tower area).

The only other way is where Café des Cascadeurs is - and I remember rumours it was going anyway - however even that area is not huge.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Looks like Restaurant des Stars is now going to be run by Pym Technology. In other words, lots of over sized props - I'm guessing they'll be getting some of the props from 'a bug's land' that's closed at DCA (to make way for Marvel Land).

EDIT: Should we have a dedicated thread just for all the Backlot / Marvel Land works?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Goudurix

Great to see some more concept art! Rumour is the Spidey attraction going in to DCA will be similar to Toy Story Mania, if WDS is getting the same then maybe this is why the plan to bring TSM to Toy Story Playland was shelved?

Rocketeer

^There's a good chance that's one of the reasons.

I suppose Midway Mania is not completely off the table for WDS - (after all DCA will have both), however as its not already in the park 'Spiderman Mania' will offer a unique experince. Which is always a good thing.

irishbhoy1888

The extension of the Armageddon building will more than likely be to the right of it covering the area of cafe des cascadeurs.

Rocketeer

I wonder if it'll increase in height any? Studio 7 is not a particulary tall building from what I remember.

JMB

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on December 12, 2018, 05:13:04 PM
The extension of the Armageddon building will more than likely be to the right of it covering the area of cafe des cascadeurs.

It is a large area if they use the space taken up by cascadeurs and possibly some of the stunt show building area. But the plans show a large path going down the side of Armageddon to the lake, keeping it quite tight. And I don't think they would want any Marvel to encroach on TOT, unless that's changing too  ;D ;D

Rocketeer

Looking at it, there's more space than I oringally thought. There is a sizable building behind the Cafe - it's got the same theming as the Tower - assuming this is nothing to do with that attraction, they can expand into that area easily.

As for Studios Blvd., if it does take a straight path from where the Tram Tour station is, there's still plenty of room to expand Studio 7. I'd guess it could go as far as where the prop cars in the Tram Tour are now. That'd also be a logical place to have a second entrance into Marvel Backlot.

stevemc

The promo art looks great. Armageddon was a bit outdated and wasn't something you'd go to multiple times like the other attractions.

DLRP Roundup!

While its an absolutely rubbish attraction, it'll still be a little bit missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25W62n8Qr0
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Puffin

Quote from: claire2281 on December 10, 2018, 05:25:30 PM
Armageddon will be closing to be replaced by a Spider-Man attraction. Rumour has it the building will be expanded to fit something larger than the current footprint allows.

So far for the rumour of expanding the existing building as the whole Armageddon construction has been torn down.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne