Favorite character meal?

Started by MinniesTeaParty, September 13, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesTeaParty

We are headed back to DLP in November. We've visited twice before but never booked our dining early enough to get a reservation for a character meal. My daughter is 5, and she loves princesses and Mickey and Minnie and friends. Does anyone have any recommendations for a favorite character meal? Based on character interaction, food, or ambience? We all enjoy good food and are fairly adventurous eaters.

I was leaning towards booking dinner at Inventions for after the park closes. We arrive on a Sunday but I don't think we could arrive early enough for brunch. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share? Thanks.

loladelorean

We always go to Inventions now and I think it's well worth the money for the character interaction, the service and the quality of the food. We've never had a bad experience, in fact we tend to end up staying for ages having a good laugh with the characters and eating until we can barely walk. Looking forward to brunch there for the first time during our November trip!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

seraphelle

I suppose it depends on who is more important to you, Mickey and Minnie or the princesses  ::)

Auberge de Cendrillon for Princesses or Inventions for Mickey and Minnie, both have excellent character interaction and the food is amazing.  :-*
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

A Princess Disnae......

If you would have asked me previously I would always have said Inventions, it is the Pink Hotel after all, but now I would say Cafe Mickey! I did not rate the 'old' Cafe Mickey so was dubious, but can't praise the character interaction enough. I felt that the characters had more time to spend with the kids, so much so they were all 'flossing' together!!  ;D
Newport Bay 2002, Santa Fe 2013, 2014 & 2015, DLP Half Marathon Weekend Cheyenne 2016, Sequoia Lodge February 2017, DLP Half Marathon Weekend 2017 Hotel New York.
Magic Run Weekend 2018 Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Feb 2019. Next holiday Magic Run Weekend 2019 Disneyland Hotel