Christmas Day

Started by Carolposture, September 10, 2018, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolposture

Hi everyone

My husband has passed away and I  didnt want to spend Christmas doing the usual with our 4 older children who always spend Christmas with us, they are 26,25,,21 and 19.

Disneyland Paris was their second home as children spending it mainly at Davy Crockett so we have booked to be there for 5 days including Christmas Eve Christmas day and Boxing day..

I would really like it to be extra special especially for Christmas Day lunch any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated .
I am a new member and hope this gets out there to anyone who can help me.

Kind regards
Carol

bad-pink-tink

In December 2013 I took my mum to Disneyland Paris for Christmas. We were there December 23 to December 27  and we stayed at Sequoia Lodge. This is my trip report https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=16498.0
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Ravenseye

I've never been at Christmas due to work commitments, so I'm no help. But, I wanted to say sorry for your loss. DLP is my 2nd home too and I'm sure your children will find it hard to return without their Dad, but it'll be a magical way to make new memories xxx
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

loladelorean

I'm so sorry for your loss - I'm sure that being at Disney will be magical and will help to create wonderful memories.

The Disneyland website lists a few places that you can have Christmas Eve or Christmas Day meals, but the menus haven't been updated for this year yet: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/dining/christmas-eve-dinner/

I have never been there on Xmas Day myself (maybe one day!), if I were you I'd call them up and find out all the options.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

grovesie

I too am sorry for your loss.

I too went for Christmas day in 2013, but our kids were a lot younger. Christmas day was very relaxed and one of the best I've had. We woke up had a leisurely breakfast, returned to our room had presents and a fer glass of champers/buck fizz. A slow walk to the New York hotel for dinner. After that a walk down the village to Main Street and spent a few hours walking around soaking up the atmosphere.