Wheelchair accessible places to eat

Started by dlpnewbie77, July 20, 2018, 10:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpnewbie77

Hello,  I'm just looking for a bit of advice,  and have just found this page.

We have never been to DLP and are due to go in a couple of weeks so everything is new to us. We have signed up for the full board standard meal plan to make things easier on us.

We have a disabled child in a wheelchair,  so was wondering if any of the buffet restaurants would pose a challenge for us with a wheelchair. Are any of the buffet places upstairs,  and if so,  is there a lift available?

These are the places I've found on the standard meal plan. Will any of these cause us an issue?
Chuck wagon cafe
La Cantina
La Grange at Billy Bob's
Plaza Gardens
Restaurant Agrabah Cafe
Restaurant Des Stars
Crocketts Tavern

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Zee79

Billy Bob's is the only one upstairs. One of you need to enter the building as normt, tell them there is a wheelchair user and a CM will take your child and an adult round the back to the lift. The remaining person/s go upstairs as normal to 'pay' using the vouchers. You will meet them upstairs. My dad was able to walk a short distance to the buffet selection with support because he didn't want to use his chair to move around the food. Otherwise selection would need to be made. We enjoyed there. We have also eaten at all the other places and have had no issues, except Crockett's tavern (not eaten here) CM are able to help if you expert any issues. We just explain we need to be close to the buffet if possible.

polar vixen

They're all wheelchair accessible although you would have to drive to crocketts  tavern as it's not onsite. Otherwise as you're full board I'd recommend the park restaurants for during the day (restaurant des stars, plaza gardens and agrabag) and the others for your evenings. Also depending on how long you're there (you'll find it's a huge amount of food) consider using a voucher for a counter service meal instead one lunch. You'll lose a little value but nice to try different places. Lucky nugget is particularly excellent.  And most importantly don't forget to take proof of disability and get yourself an easy access card from city hall so you can avoid the queues and getting more space for parades etc x