Meeting Characters via an App

Started by tigger1974, June 19, 2018, 11:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathalie

Used the app last October for the Minnie in Paris meet.
I was inside the building and it kept saying 'too far from location' haha!

I like you don't have to line up an hour before the meet starts, just make sure you are at the location when the slots open, but they need a working app / decent network.

Boyfriend finally got through.

Calling the numbers was... *sigh* a waste of breath from the CM.
She wasn't saying them loud enough, so people were starting to hurdle around her, because no one could hear her.

Maybe a digital board showing the numbers?
It works at the butcher.

It would be a great system if they can improve on it. At that time we were there, the system they had in place failed.

JMB

Used the app at the end of December and found it very simple to use but certainly not without its faults.  There is a link to the app on the park guide which I'm sure most people will pick up, and there is WiFi so only a problem if you don't have a smartphone.

The app allows you to book within the vicinity of the park, I managed to book waiting to get into the car park and the availability was good if you get on there at 9.45am.

Biggest problem was that on 2 of the 3 occasions I booked a meet, the number didn't exist when we got there at the allowed time.  Thankfully the CMs were used to this happening and still let us through

Thaliel

I wish that app would at least work the way it should. I did get a spot in line for buzz last time, and it did tell me "It's your turn soon", but when I appreached the CMs, I could not find my ticket number anywhere on that app, it should tell you to make a screenshot or something so you have the number ready
<-Plz click

Becki

Just wondering if they are still doing to apps to meet characters and if so are they working any better went in June 2018 and was a nightmare caused arguments and disappointment. Due to ext year hoping they have been scrapped or seriously improved

AndyLau

Anyone knows if you go as a group (we'll be 7 adults) you have to get one ticket per person, or the whole group can go with one? Thanks!
2008 - Hong Kong Disneyland
2013 - Tokyo Disneyland
2013 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Halloween)
2016 - Disneyland Paris (Halloween)
2017 - Disneyland Paris (New Year's Eve)

JMB

Quote from: AndyLau on April 26, 2019, 03:52:14 PM
Anyone knows if you go as a group (we'll be 7 adults) you have to get one ticket per person, or the whole group can go with one? Thanks!

Only one person needs to book the time, you enter on the app how many are in your group.  Unless that's changed in the last couple of months

AndyLau

Oh that's fantastic then! Thanks!! :D
2008 - Hong Kong Disneyland
2013 - Tokyo Disneyland
2013 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Halloween)
2016 - Disneyland Paris (Halloween)
2017 - Disneyland Paris (New Year's Eve)