Hotel New York Room Service Breakfast Hack

Started by Aristocat88, June 17, 2018, 05:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat88

I'm creating this post as I had tried to find info about the room service breakfasts before we stayed at the hotel New York last week. I had opted for this hotel as a treat for me and my daughter but was no way going to spend €35 each for breakfast. We did not have a meal plan as we used a special deal on Hotels.com and are also annual pass holders. When we arrived the restaurant on service menu mentioned breakfast but did not give any prices, it says d to fill out the breakfast request form. There were no forms in the room. I asked at reception and they gave me a form. I can see why they don't want you seeing the form, this is a much cheaper option for breakfast. My daughter had the pancake option, which consisted of 4 pancakes, a small portion of berries and a whole jug of maple syrup for only €10, my breakfast was even better value, I went for the egg option where you get 2 eggs prepared as you choose. I chose scrambled, but the bowl of eggs was huge, it must have been at least 4 eggs, I ate loads and the bowl barely looked touched when I was done. You also get three sides with your eggs, I chose bacon, potatoes and mushrooms, each of these came in their own little dish and again was way more than I could eat. Oh and it came with a basket of bread rolls not mentioned on the menu. All this food was again €10. If you are a couple who only eat a moderate amount, you could easily split the egg breakfast with three sides and it would only cost €5 each as the hotel only charges a delivery surcharge if under €10. There is also a continental option for €35, which we did not get but I would guess you could split at least 2 ways. For the continental breakfast the menu states you get a basket of bread and pastries, then you also choose a yoghurt, cereal, fruit and meat/cheese option oh and drinks included in this one too. The breakfast we got didn't include drinks but you have tea and coffee in the room, so that's free.
Anyway I hope this post is of use to some of you, as I would have loved this info before going. And don't forget, if the card you fill out and hand on the door isn't in your room, just ask at reception.

Zee79

Thanks for this. We are going in October with free half board. I can't be bothered to go into the park to eat breakfast so was thinking about trying to upgrade when we got there or take some porridge pots with us. This sounds a much better option.

kiki_304

This is awesome information. We will be staying at Hotel New York in October and will most likely use this even though we have the breakfast in the park included.

I see you stated they have coffee in the rooms. Were you in a standard room?

:)

mickey1980

Thanks for the advice. Staying at HNY in October w/o the meal plan.
Will certainly be looking in to this.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018